PDA

View Full Version : conquering provinces with buildings intact

nokhor
11-25-2000, 09:35
is there a way, in the campaign game to conquer a province without destroying buildings? how is it that some buildings are destroyed and some are damaged, is it completely random or what affects it?

ShaiHulud
11-25-2000, 10:09
Buildings above the first level of construction are reduced by one level when captured. Some permanent fixtures are not damaged (like ports). Thus, some are 'damaged' (ie reduced) and some are merely captured.

------------------
Wind fells blossoms, rain
fells steel,yet bamboo bends and drinks

The Scourge
11-25-2000, 15:17
I think this is a good thing.
The game would be to easy ,if you could just take a province ,with out any kind of penalty.

Tenchimuyo
11-27-2000, 21:12
I know that sometimes castles tend to be destroyed after a province is conquered, if you want to save a castle in that procince, then don't simply siege the castle, fight those remaining enemies in the castle, as you finish off the them inside and the battle is over, you will stay in the castle, and it will stand.

solypsist
11-28-2000, 11:04
Now what would be nice is a feature that would allow us to destroy own buildings to get a little koku back. I'm thinking specifically about churches, here, or the tranquil garden we all start off with.

The Black Ship
11-28-2000, 11:31
Well I'd rather have the ability to do what you say Soly, but to clear up the maximum buiding limit. Sometimes you just have too much built in one place, and wouldn't it be nice to purge yourself of a superfluous building built by mistake (come on, admit it, sometimes you hit the wrong button too http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/wink.gif)

------------------
Niger Navis Navis Sesquiculus ShipOfFear

Rob
11-29-2000, 07:14
Yes, I'm a little bit surprised that this feature never made it into the game. Certainly it was pretty useful in Civ II. I can remember several occasions where I had to sell off a few buildings to re-fill the treasury http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Honour to Clan Akai Ken

Randy the first
02-03-2001, 06:33
I like this feature when the AI builds his trainning facility on my border I take it and pull back the next season.
What I find unrealistic is that no damage is done if the defender wins, or how many troops are involved in the battle.

Moriboy
02-10-2001, 03:19
I'm not sure there's rhyme nor reason to buildings existing after conquering a province. I've found one or two legendary dojo's intact as well as the citadel in a freshly conquered province. Then again, I've found everything but the port & castle destroyed. I've never seen a castle downgraded, nor a port destroyed post invasion.

Plant_head
02-10-2001, 19:49
i think it works that Ports are always left intact, all unit producing buildings are downgraded, as well as castles.
I've certainly attacked provinces early in the game which contained a castle, that have been destroyed by my vandalizing men.

Anssi Hakkinen
02-10-2001, 23:53
Castles are only damaged if you "siege them through", in other words sit around until the starving enemies surrender. If you assault the castle succesfully, you'll get it intact.

Ports, as well as Improved Farmland and similar, are never destroyed, except through natural disasters (typhoon/earthquake).

------------------
"Learning is to a man as the leaves and branches are to a tree, and it can be said that he should not be without it."
- Takeda Shingen