PDA

View Full Version : Please help, CTD when Romano-Brits are made!

gmjapan
10-09-2005, 14:10
I play as Saxons and when I capture the second town in the UK isles I get a Crash to Desktop. I assume this is when the Romano British are made.

My autosave is at the point of siege, they sally forth when I hit end turn and i crush them coz i'm ace (!?). Then after the battle it plays the victory music and I get the loading screen like its going back to the campaign map and then just when it finishes... CDT!

Obviously I cant progress past this point in BI and I can only assume it would happen for every "split" faction you can make. The rest of the game seems to work fine, I have no graphical glitches or problems with the intros.

I did have the original RTW CTD when I tried to run it since installing BI but I fixed that by installing the Media Format9 again from the RTW disc1. I have had this problem with the capturing of the second UK town before and after that reinstall. I have also completely reinstalled the game.

I wanna play!!

Craterus
10-09-2005, 16:04
Similar problem to mine, but I get a CTD when loading the battle screen, and I get it all the time, not just when the RB are coming...

gmjapan
10-09-2005, 21:40
Damnit! I feel so stupid!

I just realised I have old drivers on my machine that I used to get another game to work. I updated my GeForce and nForce drivers from the nvidia website back to the latest again and it all seems to be working fine.

I reloaded my battle as the Saxons and the Romano-British event happened and I can still play. Yippee! Not tried RTW since the update but so ar so good.

But i feel so dumb that i forgot to even check my drivers! The readme file on the BI CD even says "update your nForce drivers or it wont work". Aarggh.

Delete this post if you like. I'm off to repent by playing more BI.

Kekvit Irae
10-10-2005, 00:22
Even better, I'll put a link to this thread in the RTW FAQs on solving (one of many) CTDs