PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Hiers

King Kurt
10-12-2005, 10:07
My King has just died. He had loads of brothers, so I didn't worry about hiers particuarly. The eldest brother has become King, but he is a little old - early 60's. When I check the "heirs section", all it mentions is his 7 year old son and a couple of Princesses. What happened to his brothers? I am sure they are still alive, in that their units are still there, but they are not down as princes anymore.
I would have thought they could be reagents or what ever. The crucial question is what happens if the current King pops his clogs before his son comes of age? - do I have a civil war? Considering that I rule over 60% of the map and only have Hungry and the Pope left to deal with, this could really ruin my day!!~:cheers:

Matty
10-12-2005, 10:26
Yes, you will have a civil war! The kings brothers have become generals - you can identify them because they will still have the crown on their profile even if they are not specifically referred to as 'prince' any more.

King Kurt
10-12-2005, 10:48
Well, that might be worth seeing. I have been recently disappointed by the arrival of the Horde. I was all tooled up in Kiev and Georgia, expecting a nice brige battle in Kiev. They duely arrived, 3 stacks in Karzar, 2 in Georgia. I thrashed them in Georgia - including ransoming the Khan back - then they sat in Karzar for about 5 years, so I invaded from Kiev and Georgia and wiped them out.
Any tips out there re civil wars?~:cheers:

dgfred
10-12-2005, 14:28
Yes, you will have a civil war! The kings brothers have become generals - you can identify them because they will still have the crown on their profile even if they are not specifically referred to as 'prince' any more.

Except if you play as HRE, their kings are elected~;) . One of the cool things
about this is that you don't have to worry too much if you don't have any
heirs, a general will be elected.

King Kurt
10-12-2005, 14:37
At last - an advantage for the HRE!! - as opposed to being surrounded and likely to be excommunicated. How are they choosen - is it highest influence or command rating?~:cheers:

m52nickerson
10-12-2005, 16:46
Well, that might be worth seeing. I have been recently disappointed by the arrival of the Horde. I was all tooled up in Kiev and Georgia, expecting a nice brige battle in Kiev. They duely arrived, 3 stacks in Karzar, 2 in Georgia. I thrashed them in Georgia - including ransoming the Khan back - then they sat in Karzar for about 5 years, so I invaded from Kiev and Georgia and wiped them out.
Any tips out there re civil wars?~:cheers:

Pull as many of you generals to the same provence as your king. That way if there is a civil war you can buy back any stacks cheap. The Generals will not revolt because they are all in one provence.

EatYerGreens
10-13-2005, 02:43
What's this about buying back stacks then?

HRE with money to spare in the bank? That I'd like to see! ~;) ~;)

King Kurt
10-13-2005, 09:35
Sadly, once again my best layed plans came to naught. My young hier matured and his elderly father hung on for a year more then died! I put it down to starting to build cathedrals in Wessex and Constantinopole!! So I now have a massive Empire, a young king and a healthy treasury (for the first time in the game and it is 1250!) So I am wondering what to do next. The Pope owns all of Italy and out to Burgandy and Hungary still exisits with about half a dozen provinces. My inclination is to put together a single stack army with my 8 star general and see if they can take out Hungary by them selves. This is my last vanilla MTW campaign as I have VI waiting to be installed, so I have mixed feelings - on one hand this has been a great campaign, only a certainty in recent years, on the other I want to try all the new toys in VI.~:cheers:

Ludens
10-13-2005, 12:42
How are they choosen - is it highest influence or command rating?~:cheers:
Generals don't have influence. They get selected on highest command rating, though I do not know what happens when there are two with the same command.

m52nickerson
10-13-2005, 19:37
What's this about buying back stacks then?

HRE with money to spare in the bank? That I'd like to see! ~;) ~;)

Well then, mabe not the best of plans.

antisocialmunky
10-13-2005, 21:17
If there are two units of the same command rating, it goes with the first unit in the stack with the highest command ratings.

Knight Templar
10-13-2005, 22:59
My King has just died. He had loads of brothers, so I didn't worry about hiers particuarly. The eldest brother has become King, but he is a little old - early 60's. When I check the "heirs section", all it mentions is his 7 year old son and a couple of Princesses. What happened to his brothers? I am sure they are still alive, in that their units are still there, but they are not down as princes anymore.
I would have thought they could be reagents or what ever. The crucial question is what happens if the current King pops his clogs before his son comes of age? - do I have a civil war? Considering that I rule over 60% of the map and only have Hungry and the Pope left to deal with, this could really ruin my day!!~:cheers:

Here's one bretwalda's post which should help
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=889941&postcount=8

dgfred
10-14-2005, 01:43
Here's one bretwalda's post which should help
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=889941&postcount=8

Good to know, thanks ~:cheers: .

Weebeast
10-14-2005, 14:18
I think it'd be cool if CA/we could improve the royal parchment. Say divide the list into two (or more, depending on how many sons the first king has) lines just to know which is whose son, etc. It's not important but it's cool to know the family tree (just the heirs).