PDA

View Full Version : Can you lose GA points? Cases.

bretwalda
10-19-2005, 11:40
I *think* the only way to lose (the already awarded) GA points is to lose the Crusade target province before the year 1204. But I am not sure. Also, are there other cases?

Of course, if a faction is eliminated their points are lost - even if they reapperar later (unfortunately reappearing does not apply to the human player :wink: )

Geezer57
10-19-2005, 15:19
Those two cases are the only ones I've experienced where GA points are lost - either faction elimination or Crusade target province loss before the accounting period end.
Can't think of any others, so I guess that supports your thoughts. Anyone else out there think of any other situations that apply?

dgfred
10-19-2005, 15:31
Those two cases are the only ones I've experienced where GA points are lost - either faction elimination or Crusade target province loss before the accounting period end.
Can't think of any others, so I guess that supports your thoughts. Anyone else out there think of any other situations that apply?

So can you lose the province after the counting period and it not effect
your GA score? ~:confused:

bretwalda
10-19-2005, 16:17
So can you lose the province after the counting period and it not effect
your GA score? ~:confused:

On the contrary: you lose the points if you lose the "church sanctioned target provice" - the provice you conquered thru crusade. But afaik this the only way to lose awarded points.

dgfred
10-19-2005, 17:24
On the contrary: you lose the points if you lose the "church sanctioned target provice" - the provice you conquered thru crusade. But afaik this the only way to lose awarded points.

No, what I mean is if you lose the province AFTER the counting period for

crusades, do your GA points go down anyway? Or do you get to keep the

points because the counting period is over? ~:confused:

bretwalda
10-19-2005, 18:25
No, what I mean is if you lose the province AFTER the counting period for

crusades, do your GA points go down anyway? Or do you get to keep the

points because the counting period is over? ~:confused:

I see what you mean. Common sense would say that since there is no longer such GA goal you cannot lose it, but can someone confirm it?

ajaxfetish
10-20-2005, 06:08
My experience has been that I lose the points if I lose the crusade target province before 1205, but keep them permanently once the date passes, whether I continue to hold it or not.

Ajax

Geezer57
10-20-2005, 15:24
My experience has been that I lose the points if I lose the crusade target province before 1205, but keep them permanently once the date passes, whether I continue to hold it or not.

My experience also agrees - I look at it this way. You earn the GA points the turn you accomplish the goal, but don't get to "bank" them until the accounting year (1205, in this case).

bretwalda
10-20-2005, 15:26
My experience also agrees - I look at it this way. You earn the GA points the turn you accomplish the goal, but don't get to "bank" them until the accounting year (1205, in this case).

The year is 1204 to be precise. 1205 is for homeland and conquest points.