PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry klutzes?

Syxx_Killer
10-26-2005, 15:38
I'm still playing a vanilla 1.3 RTW campaign. I started as the Scipii, but recently started a Carthage campaign. I guess it doesn't matter who it is, though. It seems whenever I charge a unit, the leading member of the cavalry unit will fly off his horse and the horse tumble to the ground when they hit the enemy. I've lost more cavalry members that way. I use the cavalry to flank the enemy most times, unless it is some light unit like archers. The enemy will be facing away when my cavalry attacks, but the cavalry still fly off their horses.:charge:

Antagonist
10-26-2005, 17:03
When you say they "fly off their horses" I assume you mean they are killed? I have noticed that with light(er) cavalry units, unless they have some experience and upgrades a frontal charge against anything will result in at least 1 or 2 casualties, particularly in 1.3/BI. But I haven't noticed it with a charge from behind. Exactly what cavalry units are you using?

Syxx_Killer
10-26-2005, 20:16
It happens no matter what direction they are charging. What makes it annoying is when they are charging the rear of an enemy unit. The enemy is at its most vulnerable, why do the cavalry sustain those kinds of losses like that? When playing as the Scipii it would be the equites, and as the Carthaginians the round shield cavalry.