PDA

View Full Version : is it just me or am i unlucky?!?

Colhir
10-28-2005, 22:38
well.... i finally got to the minor victory in MTW. at this point i'm by far the largest Faction, im bringing in over 50,000 florins a year, profit of about 10,000 after army costs and what ever i choose to build.

https://img499.imageshack.us/img499/808/myempire4aq.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

thats my Empire.^^^

rite anyway... in every province the loyalty was at 200%, or very near.
one turn the Irish decided to rebel, so i thought nothing of it, beat them and got on with the game for another turn.... i pressed the end turn button and after the building reports i pressed Shift to check loyalty, and everyone of my provinces was red, every single one!! i know when you get powerful enuf the game sends a civil war your way, but i thought that was without the 1.1 patch. anyway, this wasnt a civil war, everyone wanted to rebel..... has this happend to anyone else? and what can i do to stop it happening.....

Antagonist
10-28-2005, 23:14
Did you perchance send your King to defeat the rebels? This happened to me once, and I've read of it in several other places: loyalty is strongly affected by the distance from the King, or something like that. If your King leads an attack against something he is not accounted into the loyalty calculations for the turn of the attack, and if you have a large empire highly dependant on the faction leader for loyalty this can cause massive unrest and sometimes spectacular revolts.

That's the explanation as I remember it, anyway. It has been a long time since I played an MTW campaign, so I might be mistaken.

Colhir
10-28-2005, 23:41
when the Irish rebelled i sent my king over to help the garrison in Ireland, this was my kings 1st battle as recently the last king died and he was new. i won the battle, actually it was a total massacre, i lost 30 troops and they lost close to 1500. anyway after this my king was in Ireland for a turn untill i moved him back to Wessex. then it was the turn when he got back that every where rebelled.

Ludens
10-29-2005, 19:27
when the Irish rebelled i sent my king over to help the garrison in Ireland, this was my kings 1st battle as recently the last king died and he was new. i won the battle, actually it was a total massacre, i lost 30 troops and they lost close to 1500. anyway after this my king was in Ireland for a turn untill i moved him back to Wessex. then it was the turn when he got back that every where rebelled.
Welcome to the Org ~:wave: .

After gaining 60% of the map (minor victory), the game suddenly gets a lot more difficult. Your governors gain vices faster, no-one wants to be your friend anymore and rebellions pop-up a lot more frequently (though I don't know if this is a direct or indirect effect).

Another well-known cause for rebellion is your king getting cut of from most of the provinces due to a broken shipline or a port that was destroyed during battle.

Thirdly, the new king may lack the influence and the happiness virtues (builder and steward, mainly) of his predecesor, causing a general drop in loyalty.