PDA

View Full Version : Two Roses: Total War for BI!

Incongruous
11-05-2005, 09:43
Hi all!

I have been working on this idea for the greatest part of two months now so conception is almost done.

What is it about?
TRTW takes during the chaotic era Shakespear immortalised as The Wars of The Roses. Upon the green fields of Wakefield was the table set, when Rishard Duke of York lead his supporters out against a superior Lancastrian force. His army was wiped out, his head struck off and placed upon York's gate "York looking out upon York". Only when Richard III was defeated at Redmoore did England sleep peacefull under the Tudors! Between those two epic clashes of arms, hundreds of knights would march across England's bloodied landscape to be cut down by the blades of their enemies.

Features I wish included:
.Totally original and authentic biulding and recriutment system.
.Fully accurate map of the British isles, Normady and Calais.
.Two main Factions York and Lancaster, these will include their major supporters as well eg. the Nevilles will be included within the Yorkist faction.
A number of smaller factionsto represent the Lords and Barons who never fought consistantly for any lord and were notoriuosly untrusworthy, such as the Stanleys. Also the Irish, Scottish and French nations will be included.
.Historical battles including St. Albans and a number of battles from the Hundred years war!

I am in need of Moddlers, Skinners, Txters, Mappers and the like.
Also a couple of extra Historians couldn't hurt~:cheers:
If your interested PM me.

dclare4
11-20-2005, 06:13
Well Duke John's the dude you want to talk to for that... though BI's not really the most perfect game engine for this - MTW really is more appropriate. BI lacks the marriage alliances that really make the Wars of the Roses period work (and a lot of other things too).

Been kicking it about in my head forever but without the marriages (and to a lesser extent the Crusade-Jihad function) it's just not going to work except for eye candy.

Best of luck anyways,
Harlechman