PDA

View Full Version : BI Question: Ostrogoths

Antagonist
11-06-2005, 02:05
I've been trying to work out where all the factions are and under what circumstances they appear, and I've gotten it all figured out, with one exception: the Ostrogoths.

I have read in several places that the Ostrogoths work similarly to the Roman Rebel factions - they emerge if a Goth city or general rebels. But the Goths don't have the Loyalty thing, so how can a general rebel? I've never seen the Ostrogoths appear in any BI campaign so far (though I've never actually played as the Goths) so my question to those who have is: How/When/Why (it at all) do the Ostrogoths emerge?

Antagonist

Craterus
11-06-2005, 02:12
Goths DO have loyalty. There's your answer.

I'm sure they do.

Alexanderofmacedon
11-06-2005, 02:23
Craterus!!!!!!!!!!!

~;p

Craterus
11-06-2005, 02:25
Yeah, I'm back after a week of being AFK.. :juggle:

Now, :focus:

Alexanderofmacedon
11-06-2005, 02:34
I didn't realize you were gone...

Just like you (and your name)

~;p ~D

Antagonist
11-06-2005, 02:55
Hmmm. I've double-checked this by starting a BI Gothic campaign. This (https://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6050/noring0kf.jpg) is what the Gothic faction leader's details look like. As you can see, there is no loyalty attribute. Not sure what's going on with this...

Antagonist

Craterus
11-06-2005, 03:05
I'm really sure that I've read that they were the only non-Roman faction with Loyalty. I've also seen screenshots of Goth generals with the "rings".

Hmmm, this is strange... :huh:

darsalon
11-07-2005, 18:23
I'm really sure that I've read that they were the only non-Roman faction with Loyalty. I've also seen screenshots of Goth generals with the "rings".

Hmmm, this is strange... :huh:

I'm pretty sure they split off when there's major unrest in a gothic city. That's what I've seen looking at it from another faction's point of view as the ERE.

Viking
11-07-2005, 21:16
I'm pretty sure they split off when there's major unrest in a gothic city. That's what I've seen looking at it from another faction's point of view as the ERE.

Yes, that`s how it is. I think their (original)capital(or perhaps any city) have to revolt to make the Ostrogoths appear. I thought the Goths had 'rings' too, so I guess they appear after the Ostrogoths have emerged.

symball
11-09-2005, 12:04
nope no rings- I am playing a goth campaign at the moment and they appear when your first city rebels- after that the cities rebel back to their original owners/rebels. I have checke dand there are no loyalty rings for my generals either before or after. I would give you screenshots but I am posting from work.

The Stranger
11-09-2005, 16:53
I've been trying to work out where all the factions are and under what circumstances they appear, and I've gotten it all figured out, with one exception: the Ostrogoths.

I have read in several places that the Ostrogoths work similarly to the Roman Rebel factions - they emerge if a Goth city or general rebels. But the Goths don't have the Loyalty thing, so how can a general rebel? I've never seen the Ostrogoths appear in any BI campaign so far (though I've never actually played as the Goths) so my question to those who have is: How/When/Why (it at all) do the Ostrogoths emerge?

Antagonist

hmm weird, in my campaign they do have rings and the ostrogoths always appeared in a gothic city...aka a rebellion

symball
11-09-2005, 17:09
maybe the loyalty rings are related to difficulty level (I'm playing on h/h) or maybe it is a bugfixer problem I'm using v2.0.

I have not seen loyalty rings but the ostrogoths are created the first time a city rebels against the goths. the second time it went back to the original owners as usual.

The Stranger
11-09-2005, 17:27
i dunno but the AI goths have loyalty