PDA

View Full Version : Barbarian Navy - BI

C-F
11-08-2005, 14:59
Just noticed that as such faction you no longer can build 'large boats' -
wondering if this was an oversight or intentional since you could build them during the preceeding time period (RTW) ?
Or is there a historic significance?

Antagonist
11-08-2005, 19:16
I believe it's a balancing thing. I think the Saxons can still construct the second level Port building and Large Boats, but the other barbarian factions cannot.

Antagonist

C-F
11-08-2005, 23:16
Hi Antagonist,

thanks for pointing this out... the one faction I didn't check...:hide:

However, something is not quite right ...~:confused:

Up 'til now I thought the 'buiding browser' was tied to the faction and the province that faction was in. E.G. Mines only show up in the browser, in provinces, where there is something to mine etc...

Apparently with ports it is not so...

The Goths have a fishing village in their province but can not build a port...
The Franks are 'land locked' yet they have the port in the browser (not able to build yet - it says...ha, and they never will in that province at least)
btw in RTW 1.3 this is also with the German faction - the capital Damme has no access to the sea, yet the browser shows ports to be build (not that you ever can, but its there...)
Same for several 'land locked' Sassanid provinces...

If this is a known issue, please note and disregard the post....~:rolleyes:

If not, this should be added to the bug report, its minor, but still...somewhat ~:confused: (ing)
Thanks,
:bow:

Laman
11-09-2005, 07:35
IIRC Vandals can also build large boats.

Seasoned Alcoholic
11-11-2005, 21:16
If this is a known issue, please note and disregard the post....~:rolleyes:

If not, this should be added to the bug report, its minor, but still...somewhat ~:confused: (ing)
:bow:

Can you add / reply to topics in the RTW SP forum yet? If so, add what you believe to be bugs in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54690), post a few screens as well. I see your point about land-locked access to ports, seems that port locations may well have changed in the map_regions.tga file, but why they appear in land-locked regions' building browsers is strange...

CountMRVHS
11-11-2005, 21:55
AFAIK the building browser thing changed with BI -- you'll notice the same thing with temples. In previous versions of RTW, if a temple was already constructed in a settlement, you could only see upgrades of that temple type in the building browser for that settlement. Now, with BI, if I have a Shrine to Woden built, I can still see all the other temple types available to my faction in the browser. Probably that's why you can see ports in a landlocked province. Mouse over the port in the browser -- I imagine it'll tell you you can't build it.

Personally I like it this way (mostly for the temples) because it lets you know what your other options are or were, even after you've started down a particular building path.

CountMRVHS

C-F
11-11-2005, 23:50
Can you add / reply to topics in the RTW SP forum yet? If so, add what you believe to be bugs in this thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54690), post a few screens as well. I see your point about land-locked access to ports, seems that port locations may well have changed in the map_regions.tga file, but why they appear in land-locked regions' building browsers is strange...

Sorry, still just a peasant - a bit frustrating but I understand....~;)

There is someone looking for the unit calculator in Coloseum, had to PM since I can't reply...~:handball:

C-F
11-11-2005, 23:58
AFAIK the building browser thing changed with BI -- you'll notice the same thing with temples. In previous versions of RTW, if a temple was already constructed in a settlement, you could only see upgrades of that temple type in the building browser for that settlement. Now, with BI, if I have a Shrine to Woden built, I can still see all the other temple types available to my faction in the browser. Probably that's why you can see ports in a landlocked province. Mouse over the port in the browser -- I imagine it'll tell you you can't build it.

Personally I like it this way (mostly for the temples) because it lets you know what your other options are or were, even after you've started down a particular building path.

CountMRVHS

I agree~:cheers: - if it were consistent...like in: all buildings always visible in all provinces whether you can build them or not - if you can't they just stay 'greyed out'...