PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty shifts

Grond
11-08-2005, 21:29
I noted last night that when I have a stack with a high loyalty general on top, or a stack with the King in it, that the low loyalty generals slowly gain loyalty. A guy with a scowl on his face and two shields will still have the scowl but four shielsd a little later. Has anyone else noted that putting a high loyalty general on a stack slowly changes the loyalty of the people under them? Or is this due to other factors I'm not aware of?

miho
11-08-2005, 21:52
I'm not sure it works with genrerals but I've also noticed that your king increases loyalty of generals he's with.

antisocialmunky
11-08-2005, 23:05
It's a feature. Kings boost loyalty.

Lars Jorgensun
11-09-2005, 07:50
Unless the King has a lisp, then the generals smile and nod while pouring arsenic in his wine.:duel:

Ludens
11-09-2005, 15:12
I noted last night that when I have a stack with a high loyalty general on top, or a stack with the King in it, that the low loyalty generals slowly gain loyalty. A guy with a scowl on his face and two shields will still have the scowl but four shielsd a little later. Has anyone else noted that putting a high loyalty general on a stack slowly changes the loyalty of the people under them? Or is this due to other factors I'm not aware of?
Loyalty goes up and down during the game. The main factor is the King's influence, but generals in the proximity of the King also become more loyal. I don't know if this effect is limited to the King's stack, province or if it extends further.

Other factors include traits (both the King's and the general's) and success on the battlefield. Succesfull generals are strangly enough not very likely to harbour rebellious thoughts, though this may be the result of increased influence. On the other hand if the general is regularly beaten and/or captured, he won't be very convinced of your ability to rule.

Treason trails and the ransom of captured troops also appear to have an effect on the loyalty of generals that are not involved in these actions.

miho
11-09-2005, 22:51
Mercenay generals also have reduced loyalty.