PDA

View Full Version : Arg, how many posts do I need to post in all the forums?

fallen851
11-12-2005, 20:00
Exactly like the title says, this is really annoying.

Ludens
11-12-2005, 20:10
Exactly like the title says, this is really annoying.
Welcome to the Org, fallen851.

Promotion is not dependent on post count. All it takes for promotion is posting a few times in the Entrance Hall in a friendly and helpfull manner. Spamming will, at best, delay promotion.

If you feel you have been forgotten, you can PM either Kukrikhan or TosaInu. More information can be found it the Guild FAQ (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45416).

scooter_the_shooter
11-17-2005, 01:12
It really depends on when you join. If you join right before they premote, you are in luck...if not you are going to wait a week(or more).

C-F
11-17-2005, 03:26
It really depends on when you join. If you join right before they premote, you are in luck...if not you are going to wait a week(or more).

~:rolleyes: Ahem, cough, try a month now...~:handball:

ichi
11-17-2005, 08:08
Trust me, the wait is worth it

ichi:bow:

Gregoshi
11-17-2005, 09:07
~:rolleyes: Ahem, cough, try a month now...~:handball:

C-F, you should really see Dr. KukriKhan about that cough since you've had it for over a month. ~;) Send him a PM.

C-F
11-17-2005, 16:08
C-F, you should really see Dr. KukriKhan about that cough since you've had it for over a month. ~;) Send him a PM.

Hmm, just joined AARP... does he take Medicaid?...~D

Thanks guys :bow:

Gregoshi
11-17-2005, 21:59
Hmm, just joined AARP... does he take Medicaid?...~D

Does he take Medicaid? Heck, Kukri is on Medicaid!! ~:joker: Just kidding Kukri. ~:cheers:

Rilder
11-18-2005, 00:34
hmm maby i should Pm about my *cough* ahem cought ... but i cant afford the hospital bills

i've had this cough since like mid to late october :P

Edit, wholy crud when did i get promoted

C-F
11-18-2005, 00:42
hmm maby i should Pm about my *cough* ahem cought ... but i cant afford the hospital bills

i've had this cough since like mid to late october :P

Edit, wholy crud when did i get promoted

Guess we can call ourselves 'the October generation' now...~;)

Glad to see you made it too ~:cheers: from the Forgotten Realms (Tm) ~:joker:

Rilder
11-18-2005, 01:26
haha, now to figure out what to put on my member titale thing

ooh ooh...

"Best Phalanx user like ever"

i love my phalanxes ~:joker:

teja
11-27-2005, 20:05
It is a stupid fact that helps to kill the overview in these forums. Only quantity is required, so spam on and you can span in any other forums too :eeeek:

m52nickerson
11-27-2005, 22:31
I like the rule, it keeps the forums very clean. Plus there are less jerks here then in some other places.

Sir Chauncy
11-27-2005, 22:45
It's all true M32nickerson, I have lost count of the forums lost to trolls over the years, jam packed with muppets saying

"ya boo, elephants are much better than blancmange. I know this and so does your mum" etc etc.

It really grinds my gears.

Actually that was not a totally acurate quote, I have corrected the spelling in it because the origional poster, spelt elephants with an "F"

Bless 'im.

Papewaio
11-28-2005, 01:52
It is a stupid fact that helps to kill the overview in these forums. Only quantity is required, so spam on and you can span in any other forums too :eeeek:

Incorrect... trolling will get you a little box ticked and no promotion.

HopAlongBunny
11-28-2005, 07:03
Getting promoted isn't hard.

If you have a question_ask: clear, concise and please never hurts;

If you can answer someones question_answer: clear, concise and with a minimum of Rroxxor's you stinkin' noobcake! ftw/pls/thx!!!!1111!

~:)

ichi
11-29-2005, 04:22
If you can answer someones question_answer: clear, concise and with a minimum of Rroxxor's you stinkin' noobcake! ftw/pls/thx!!!!1111!

~:)

If you can't answer the question, just say Gah!

It's not that hard to post a few times in the forums available ot new members, and altho it can seem like forever its usually only a couple of days, weeks at most, for the powers-that-be to recognize and promote you.

And in the end, as others have clearly shown, the results are forum relatively free of XSBS, remarkably different (and better) than any other gaming site I've seen.

ichi:bow:

fallen851
11-29-2005, 04:53
I just think it is stupid, I have quality work I want to release, and I'm restricted because I have a low post count? I've been posting on the vwvortex for years, and have 775 posts, at a rate of .20 a day. Usually I post like 3 times a day, then nothing for 3 weeks, but I read the forum daily and comment when necessary, and my opinion is welcome and respected, far more than some of the guys that have 17 posts a day and several thousands posts.

My point is that post count doesn't make someone useful to the forum or not.

fallen851
11-29-2005, 04:55
Nevermind, I misread one of the comments, missed the "not dependent".

I apologize....

teja
11-30-2005, 22:49
Incorrect... trolling will get you a little box ticked and no promotion.

My 'spam post' comment above in this thread is wrong as you proved me. To bad I may got that little box :(

What made me nervous is that you CAN find very helpful threads and posts made by 'juniors'. On the other side there are several threads concerning the same issues spreading out over several parts of the forum, because not anybody can comment anywhere. In conclusion you do not search anywhere.

Because all parts of the TW-series are great games (only Spartan I cannot judge), posts concerned to RTW, MTW ... are mixed up. Often those who post do not bother to make it very clear at the topic or the first sentence to which it is concerned to. So a clear order is harder to find. Together with the above 'spread of posts' (relating to access options) a lot of very, very good posts will become ignored. I like this board because of its valuable posts, but it takes more time to find them than it should be. Maybe someone can offer tips how to sort it out?

Let's hope I was able to show my point as English is not my usual language.

Krauser
12-01-2005, 02:54
Just be patient. They'll promote you soon. It took me 2-4 weeks to become a member. They just want to make sure the members are dedicated and willing to contribute. Not some random person who asks one question and is never heard from again. Feel free to post all the stuff you want. You can always delete your thread when you become a member and post it in the right forum.