PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I build watchtowers?

Goofball
11-15-2005, 00:42
I own the north African province that contains the Tingi settlement, but the game won't let me construct watchtowers in it. The option for building watchtowers with my generals is "greyed out" and when I move the cursor over it it says something like "can not build watchtowers or forts here."

What gives?

Kekvit Irae
11-15-2005, 01:32
Are you on a bridge? Bridges prevent the construction of anything.
Is the army led by a general or a captain? Captains cant construct anything.

Goofball
11-15-2005, 01:51
Are you on a bridge? Bridges prevent the construction of anything.
Is the army led by a general or a captain? Captains cant construct anything.

Nope, not on a bridge. It simply won't let my generals build anywhere in that province. I have tested it by having a general build a watchtower in the neighboring province then having that same general cross the border and try to build one in the province I am talking about; it won't let him.

Very frustrating...

Kralizec
11-15-2005, 03:14
That's odd. Perhaps the terrain doesn't allow it?

PseRamesses
11-15-2005, 09:17
I own the north African province that contains the Tingi settlement, but the game won't let me construct watchtowers in it. The option for building watchtowers with my generals is "greyed out" and when I move the cursor over it it says something like "can not build watchtowers or forts here."

What gives?

It´s the same with Libya in my game. Sometimes though there is a hidden foreign spy (that you can´t see) in the adjacent tile to your general. Moving him in a clockwise way will flush the spy out. I don´t think this is the case in your example though.

InsaneApache
11-15-2005, 11:29
I have excatley the same problem ....it too in Tripolitania. At first I thought it was because he was on a road, but no I have built watchtowers on roads before. I just assumed it was because I had left RTW 1.3 running for a few days (as in memory leak)...how peculiar ~:confused:

GreatEmperor
11-15-2005, 13:52
Same problem here.
My General in Dumantha isn't able to build anything in his province.

A.Saturnus
11-15-2005, 22:01
Happened to me in Maeotis.