PDA

View Full Version : Religion specific units

Troy Lawton
11-21-2005, 00:44
Gday

I recently have been playing BI as the Celts and was wondering what religion to go for but after looking in the manual it doesn't have anthing on what units are religion specific. Has anyone seen or heard about a doc that has all these units for each faction? Also does anyone know how to make the Romano British playable? I'm keen to give them a go, unsure why though~:confused:

Cheers~:cheers:
Troy

Patricius
11-21-2005, 00:57
Hounds of Cullan (?sp) are likely pagan. They are good units. The Romano-British are playable through mods found here or in Twcenter (http://www.twcenter.net/). Professor Spatula's (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54943) uses the original map and adds extra units, and is the one I prefer.

Antagonist
11-21-2005, 01:51
The Celts have 2 units with a religious prerequisite - Hounds of Culann and Druids, both of which are Pagan. The Hounds require a temple to Goibhniu, Druids a level 2 temple to Cocidius.

The most obvious example of religious units are the various Christian priests/monks etc. available to many factions. There are also a few others: Lombard Berserkers require a Pagan shrine, while Frankish Paladins require a Monastery. I think that might be all of them actually.

Last weekend I found myself with a couple of hours to spare and laboriously worked out the details of the religious options for every faction, since there apparently isn't any such resource online yet, but I haven't had time to collate it properly and post it. I'll try and get it up if anyone's interested.

Hope that helps,

Antagonist

Troy Lawton
11-21-2005, 02:33
Thanks Antagonist and Patricius, I am very interested and thanks for the help. I'm downloading the romano british mod now.

Does anyone actually use the monks/priests? I read somewhere that they don't have any religious conversion affect on territories that they are in (if I remember correctly).

lars573
11-21-2005, 03:12
I do and they don't. Bishops and patriarchs do, but they are for generals retinues. Religious units are very effective if used in the way CA intended. Behind your infantry line chanting away.

Patricius
11-22-2005, 23:36
Glad to be of help.

I have never noticed an effect. Possibly it is because the text indicating morale does not mention that the chanting has an effect. One thing I have noticed is that the chant sounds rather Buddhist.

Antagonist
11-23-2005, 00:54
Actually I think they just used the same "scary invocation" chant sound that the Druids used in vanilla... Personality I felt the scarcity of new voice material was perhaps my biggest disappointment with BI.

Antagonist