PDA

View Full Version : Egypt about to win?

Hurin_Rules
11-21-2005, 18:10
Hi all,

Finally finished my computer upgrading and settled down to play RTW. Since I haven't been able to play for a while, I selected medium/medium difficulty on a short campaign (cuz I still had to unlock the factions). I was doing well as the Brutii, when, in 248 BC, I got a message that the Egyptians were about to claim victory. WHAT?!?!?! Its only 248 BC and its only medium difficulty. Am I going to lose this one? Will I not be able to unlock the rest of the factions now, even if I manage to take 15 provinces and take down the Macedonians and Greeks? And is there any way to mod the game to unlock all factions?

Thanks to anyone who can help. This is really frustrating, as I've had to install the game three separate times, each time having to do ANOTHER Roman campaign. They are getting kind of boring.

~:cheers:

Craterus
11-21-2005, 18:15
Egypt will take a while to eliminate Armenia as well. Just continue what you're doing, I've had a message from the game like that before. Coincidentally, I was Egypt, and Brutii were the offenders. I beat them there though, and I think I took a few more years.

And if they beat you, search for Mikeus' modding guide for Dummies. The unlock all factions is in there somewhere.

Hope I helped. ~:wave:

Dutch_guy
11-21-2005, 18:39
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7899&highlight=Unlock+factions

check that link, for the unlock all factions mod - though I dont know if it works with 1.3 , dont think so.

In that case; https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=54943

:balloon2:

Hurin_Rules
11-21-2005, 18:54
Great, thanks so much guys!

You've made my life a whole lot easier!

Conqueror
11-21-2005, 19:23
I thought that they need to control Rome in addition to the 50 provinces to grab victory.

Craterus
11-21-2005, 22:00
I selected medium/medium difficulty on a short campaign (cuz I still had to unlock the factions).

Re-read. :duel:

Egypt short campaign: Control 15 provinces and outlast/destroy Armenia and The Seleucids.

~:handball: ~;)

Hurin_Rules
11-22-2005, 20:59
Thanks guys.

FYI, I managed to win last night. The notification about Egypt was just a notification that they had taken out the Seleucids. Luckily for me, Armenia (the other state the Egyptians have to crush to win) held out. I took down the Macedonians and then simulataneously launched a four-pronged assault on the four remaining Greek cities, and took them in two turns (the were my allies, but hey, they'll prosper under the new Pax Romana :) ). Victory, and the ability to play any faction, is now mine.

Thanks for the help!