PDA

View Full Version : xl mod

garfalex
11-24-2005, 20:42
sounded great but just doesnt work!
couldnt get mtw vi or mtw to load at all once i loaded it
has anyone actually managed to make it work?
or has anyone any details of any mods which do work other than napoleonic tw?

ezoons
11-25-2005, 03:39
It works for me.

Would be helpful if you provided us with more details:
What kind of settings (PC and MTW) are you using? What's your PC hardware? What exactly happens when you try to load the game? Are there any error pop-ups? Is there anything in the crash.txt if there is such a file in the MTW root folder?

>> couldnt get mtw vi or mtw to load at all once i loaded it

just does not cut it.

edyzmedieval
11-25-2005, 10:58
Try the BKB Super Mod. That's awesome also....

lugh
11-25-2005, 14:50
I never have any problems with it.
Hmm, you say MTW and VI and Napoleonic mod, how many installs do you have? Have you installed it on top of Napoleonic mod?
Other than that, we need the info ezoons asked for, is it crashing to desk top, freezing, not even starting etc?

garfalex
11-25-2005, 17:23
i'm no computer novice .I did a complete uninstall of mtw vi and ntw and installed mtw then vi again.loaded the full 2.0 file then the patch.pc acted like it had a huge peice of spyware ie 100% cpu with system idle at 97 % or so and couldnt even load mtw installation .initial credits page came up but got no further.all other programmes loaded fine.
no error message showed up.
i uninstalled then reinstalled everything 3 times with same results
using xp plenty of ram hd space and processor power available
graphics card should be ok i just dont get it
thanks for btw tip i'll try that but if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate your help
cheers

ezoons
11-25-2005, 18:02
So the game was working fine before and once you installed XL it packed up?

I had a problem installing XL when the installer I downloaded was corrupted. The installation went to about 35% and stopped. Then there was a screen that looked like an "install complete" screen but in fact said that there was a problem with one of the files.
I suspect the first time I tried to install the mod (on top of a clean MTV VI v2.01), I haven't noticed this error message and went on to install the mod patch anyway.
Not surprisingly, the game refused to run.

I had to get the file once more and this solved the problem.

Microwavegerbil
11-26-2005, 16:35
Ive had similar problems with XL mod, though nothing so severe. My game just runs excruciatingly slow at times, but it only occurs with this mod. Last time it happened, and when I reloaded the game it just stopped taking up so much memory.

I've noticed that often times my XL-modded game will fill upwards of 120 or 130 megs of memory when running, not sure if that's more than normal, but it seems like a lot for a game like this.