PDA

View Full Version : Suicide in 400 CE in Alexandria: Antony & Cleopatra?

KRALLODHRIB
11-28-2005, 00:57
I'm not sure if this has been noted, but I'll post this anyhow.
After pushing my legions on to Egypt in BI around 400 CE, I besieged Alexandria, held by the Eastern Roman Empire. After my seige engines had deposited my comitatensis on the walls and they swept aside resistance, I spied two unmoving units of enemy archers? laying flat in a line just beyond the road way.

I'm not sure if these guys died in place from my archers and just lay there due to some glitch/circumstances of programming or were they meant to represent the suicides of Marc Antony and Queen Cleopatra following Augustus' advance on Egypt during his rise to Emperor? If the second then it is 4 centuries late though still very kewelllllllllllll.

Darius
11-28-2005, 07:42
Chances are, if your siege towers were on fire at will, the force of the ballista bolts being fired from them simply blasted the unlucky fools so far off the wall that they ended up a good distance from their initial standing point.

KRALLODHRIB
11-28-2005, 13:34
Ouch! :hide:

Too bad it wasn't intentional. I think I had one ballista firing, in addition to the two towers and sappers tunnels. Still, it looks cool!

Ziaelas
11-28-2005, 16:23
You haven't seen anything til you've seen the mass suicides of Eastern Archers... When I pincered them from both sides on the walls with Bosphoran Infantry, they set to routing, then to fighting to the death, then to routing etc. During the short period they were on routing each time, more and more Eastern Archers fell off the walls =.=

Clever bunch these Romans, eh?