PDA

View Full Version : Hey Puzz3d.. Or some 1 with STW Knowlage..

Just A Girl
11-29-2005, 18:16
Hello I have a couple of questions.

when a unit is Unroutable.
Whats that mean?

Also

Muskets ..
Do they missfire in the rain?
I always thought the code was designed to reprisent missfiering guns in the rain.

And if so at what % does the kills drop at?
is it sumthing like 25% in rain 50% in heavy rain

i think thats it,
if any 1 knows id like to know to :)

Uesugi Kenshin
11-29-2005, 20:57
I don't believe muskets will fire at all in the rain. I think that they were supposed to fire some of the time in rain, but the original did not actually do this. I have a vague memory of a patch fixing this, but I am not sure in what way.

Togakure
11-30-2005, 04:58
IIRC, muskets didn't fire in the rain in the original Shogun. In Warlord Edition/Mongol Invasion 1.02, 1.03, and 1.05 they do fire, though not nearly as effectively (so yes, "misfires" account for the lower kills, I would think). Arquebuses do not fire in rain.

Way back when, I remember asking the same question about the "unroutable" parameter. The response was that it referred to units that were samurai, vs. ashigaru (yari ashigaru, teppo ashigaru: musks and arqs--and crossbow ashigaru in Mongol), and how they reacted to allied troops routing through them. My understanding is: when allied units route through ashigaru troops, the ashis will take a morale hit. If the routing units are samurai, the morale hit will be more intense. Conversely, if allied units route through samurai units, the morale hit will be less than if they were ashigaru, and if the routing units are ashi routing through samurai, the samurai morale hit will be neglible (if any, I can't say for sure). That's the gist of what I remember, anyway.

I don't know what the drop in musket effectiveness is percentage-wise for light rain, rain, and heavy rain. I would analyze the projectiles.txt and troopstat.txt files to (possibly) determine this.

:2cents:

Sasaki Kojiro
11-30-2005, 06:11
Yeah, that's what the unroutable bit means.

For muskets in rain, I think it is just a slower reload. Funny thing is, muskets will still beat archers in the rain ~:joker:

Just A Girl
11-30-2005, 12:29
Reload time is considerably slower,
But less seem to die In one volly of musket fire in the rain than on a sunny day,
I will need to run tests i guess.

PS.
some 1 mentioned that LAN mp game stats differd from Online MP game stats,
is this true.
And if so how so?

Drisos
11-30-2005, 15:48
I actually got STW original a while ago. and, Indeed muskets don't fire rain in there, I think. But I can't check it because I don't have it installed atm and don't have space for it.

Musket reload time is decreased by rain... but power also? an intresting question. If I'd have to say: yes. but I haven't done specific tests for this. perhaps the reload time difference makes all that difference in the number of kills.

Puzz3D
11-30-2005, 21:31

Just A Girl
12-01-2005, 12:39
but I did carefully measure misfires on my LAN and I remember those. I measured 25% misfires in light rain, 50% misfires in medium rain and 75% misfires in heavy rain.

AH HAAA.
I thought so.

I think i must have seen you mention that before some place,
But others seemed to say that they had never heard of this,
So i thought id ask like i did

And Thanx all for your replys :)

P.s

The unroutable parameter simply means that the unit doesn't incur a morale penalty from seeing ashigaru units rout. Also, the morale penalty for seeing a friendly unit rout is the same whether or not the routing unit passes through the unit. The morale effect due to seeing friendly units rout extends out 75 meters = 1.8 tiles = 3600 range. However, when a unit routs your other units may incur a morale penalty from being outnumbered (unit banner count within a 1.8 tile radius determines this). I have the magnitude of this penalty at home. It's something else that I measured in LAN tests, and it was confirmed by LongJohn who programmed the battle AI.

So my theroy of "Unroutable's" do not suffer from proximaty morale reduction if they get close to a number of hostiles,
Is incorrect?

I thought this was the case as you can take your ninja or your kenzai Right in to the middle of 16 enemy units and they dont seem to be afraid,
Where as routable units Leg it for the hills when there out numbered,

:(
I liked that theory 2.

Puzz3D
12-01-2005, 18:43

Just A Girl
12-01-2005, 19:23
You are Indeed a Valuable Resource for STW information .

:bow:

Should be a very deep bow, But i only have the 1 bow option,

Puzz3D
12-01-2005, 21:22

Just A Girl
12-01-2005, 21:54
I'll try to remember to look up the proximity, morale test results, and post them here. There once were a couple of excellent web sites with all the results of mine and other's STW tests, but these no longer exist.

Im prety Shure Atleast 1 STW web page Web master, Would be More than happy to Place them on there page

Indeed It Would be There Pleasure to be able to Add more details about the game to there web page :)
Expeshialy if the details were helpfull to both new and veteran players, And if they were to come from a reputable source Such as your self,
I do not think any one would wish to pass up the opertunaty of Viewing the data. And then incorperating it In to a helpfull web page,

now i wonder who im Talking about :P

Puzz3D
12-02-2005, 13:45

Just A Girl
12-03-2005, 11:24
Great ive added most of the stuff youve said to my web page's unit stats page,
Should help lots :)

Thnx alot