PDA

View Full Version : Why cant I build a cathederal???????

fester
12-01-2005, 23:23
The province in question has a monastery, Rectory, Church and citadel so why the hell not ??? I have3 one in another prvince and its is less advanced.............some help please

ajaxfetish
12-01-2005, 23:26
You're only allowed one cathedral. If you have one already your faction cannot build another regardless of prerequisite buildings. If you really want it in another province you can destroy the old one and build one new. You could also do the same to build more than one university, military academy, etc., though that's more of an issue with the Turks than any Catholic faction.

Ajax

NodachiSam
12-02-2005, 03:16
I'd love to have a second one myself, can this be modded?

Weebeast
12-02-2005, 05:45
The old mtw had this feature (I read some 'read-me' somewhere); you could build more than one big buildings, but then they patched it in 1.1. I'm not sure what's the reason. I'm guessing it was pointless to build another citadel somewhere else once you've got one in Granada for GG points.

[edit] change Granada to Ile de France so that my post doesn't confuse you.

Matty
12-02-2005, 11:53
If you can only have one, what's the point of destroying and rebuilding elsewhere? When you destroy it, surely the attribute dies as well?

bretwalda
12-02-2005, 16:13
You can mod the game to make Cathedras, Grand Mosques, etc non-unique. Check in the modding forums!

Eternal Champion
12-02-2005, 17:06
I read a post some where that if you schedule more then one to be built in the same year you can get more then one.

bretwalda
12-02-2005, 17:37
I think that was patched out of the game with 1.1 or something. Surely not so in MTW VI 2.01

I read a post some where that if you schedule more then one to be built in the same year you can get more then one.

ajaxfetish
12-03-2005, 08:52
If you can only have one, what's the point of destroying and rebuilding elsewhere? When you destroy it, surely the attribute dies as well?

Cathedral gives troops +3 morale. If you have a cathedral in one province but make all your best troops in another, you could destroy it and rebuild it where it'll do more good. Usually easier to just build it in the right place to begin with of course ~;) .

Ajax

Patron
12-03-2005, 13:06
+1 morale for church, +1 morale for monastery, +2 morale for reliquary, +3 morale for church. A morale point means +2 morale in battle, so that means +14 morale in battle. Which would certainly keep your halberdiers in line.

Ludens
12-03-2005, 13:42
+1 morale for church, +1 morale for monastery, +2 morale for reliquary, +3 morale for church. A morale point means +2 morale in battle, so that means +14 morale in battle. Which would certainly keep your halberdiers in line.
Er... Not quite. Firstly a point of valour gives two points of morale. A point of morale on the campaign map translates into one point of morale on the battle map (logically). Secondly, cathedral and reliquary are upgrades of the church and monastery respectivily, so I don't think the bonus is cumulative. At max building upgrades you get +2 for reliquary and +3 for church, making a total of +5 which is nice, but does not make them unroutable.