PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer in RTW:Bi / RTW - Spin off from an interesting development

Kenchi_Sulla
12-02-2005, 23:49
Hello all, been a while...

I haven't posted ,or read any posts, here since the .org revamped the site a long time ago (job well done btw!!!). However, I was curious how everything was going in the "TW scene"... I checked in the multiplayer part of the game (offcourse!!!) and was a bit shocked what I found... Interesting development.

You see, I'm still a bit ticked off at CA - or the publishers - for not being able to do a good job on the multiplayer part of the game. I cant even understand it from a business point of view, spending some resources on a stable and fun version of the game online seems a good investment.

Anyway to come to my point, we all know that annoying dudes, rude dudes, racist dudes and plain ***holes play games too. CA Fell into it's own trap. They saved cash by neglecting the MP part of the game, and now they had to "CLOSE DOWN" the lobby chatwise because a couple of punks made racist remarks in a lobby. Thats not even close to a good excuse. If you are not able to monitor and guard your own freaking gamelobby after so many years, if your not even capable of safeguarding a working system but replacing it with a terrible lobby interface, how the HELL do you expect to do a better job now???

My point? Stop fooling everybody with marketing tricks, and start working on a good MP system..... a good chatsystem... It's not just a game, it's also a meeting place for people - show your responsibility in this.. If you own a bar and someone gets smacked around, wouldn't you also feel partially responsible?

Ludens
12-03-2005, 15:13
I am sorry, do you want us to post this in the MP thread or is this meant to start a seperate discussion?

Incidentally, if you want to use your former account again you can contact TosaInu. Welcome back to the Org.

Kenchi_Sulla
12-03-2005, 15:46
Hello Ludens,

If you could, please move this to the "interesting development" thread in the RTW MP section. I don't have to have my old account back :) This one is ok. I don't know the exact rules on account priviliges though

Ludens
12-04-2005, 15:31
If you could, please move this to the "interesting development" thread in the RTW MP section. I don't have to have my old account back :) This one is ok. I don't know the exact rules on account priviliges though
Done. If you want more information on membership, read the Guild FAQ (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=45416). (So many people are missing it; perhaps we should turn it into an announcement or something ~:rolleyes: .)

Kaldhore
12-05-2005, 00:06
As regards to the OP, I agree thats its not good enough. I had alot of good times in the MTW MP, and when I went to try RTW MP I was just sadened and it lasted about 2 weeks - I havent been back to RTW MP since. I prefer LAN games with people I know or just plain SP.

Its Sad.