PDA

View Full Version : Modding Onagers and Siege Towers

hoggy
12-03-2005, 09:49
Has anyone had any luck with these? I can mod the Onager shared by all cultures etc. but as soon as I seperate out the onagers into culture specific groups in descr_engines it's no go. Has anyone successfully modded these?

shifty157
12-03-2005, 16:01
What exactly do you mean by 'no go'? I know that none of the cultures can read 'all' because 'all' will override any of your other entries. Assigning cultures to seige engines should not be a problem though. You did make a new engine for every onager right? Descr_engines is only parsed when the game is loaded so if you have a CTD after startup then its caused by something else.

Pompei the Great
12-03-2005, 17:26
You know what would be an awesome siege weapon for Chivalry and Crusader? A trebuchet...if someone could make it. You have to edit the unit skins in descr_model_battle, too.

hoggy
12-03-2005, 19:45
I created new entries by duplicating the existing onager section. I changed the 'all' to a list of cultures in both so that all cultures were represented. It, worked fine for rams but the onager and siege towers either weren't replaced by the new versions or caused ctds..

Seven.the.Hun
12-03-2005, 21:12
make sure to copy and paste and rename properly the files for them that go in the i Rome - Total War\bi\data\ui\unit and the unit_info folders. check each faction's folder for the appropriate unit like onagers or what not...if the names dont match right it might cause a crash. so double check for all kinds of typos and such...make sure the unit.txt and building.txt things u add are spelled properly too.
sometimes a problem occurs simply if u forget to place a _ or miss one letter...stuff like that, messes me up often enough anyway.