PDA

View Full Version : About the memory leak

Bulawayo
12-05-2005, 11:24
Hello everybody,

Me myself have also suffered from the memory leak in 1.3 even though I have some 768 MB RAM. It was mostly the strategical map that was affected by the leak. Last week I had to install the latest driver for my ATI Radeon something because of a video problem I had on my computer, and when I later played RTW I noticed improved graphics but no memory leak whatsoever. I have played several times now for many hours each time and haven't suffered at all from the leak. A quick idea I had was that new "graphics" were implemented in the patch that were not supported by the
driver. For the record I had catalyst 5.8 before the upgrade to 5.11. This is not scientific research but rather a spontaneous idea that may be a solution for some players. Those of you suffering from the leak meanwhile using an ATI card could try this to see if it does the same as it did to me. If yes please spread the word. :bow:

Mouzafphaerre
12-05-2005, 19:21
Not sure of that as I hava a храппы GF FX5500.

Bulawayo
12-05-2005, 20:42
Da spatsiba ~;)

I really dont know about Nvidia cards, but maybe there is something to do with them as well..

Mouzafphaerre
12-05-2005, 20:51
On further pondering, the drivers issue might be related to the shaders hypothesis. :yes: