View Full Version : How to make the AI perform naval invasions

Bernhard of Clairvaux
12-13-2005, 15:01
This is really easy. Got to descr_sm_faction. Then change the line

"prefers_naval_invasions no"

to

"prefers_naval_invasions yes"

And voila, the AI will go naval.

Tested this for the Celts and after taking London they launched a D-day on the continent. I don´t think all factions will go naval at once but some will given certain conditions.

Cheers

Boc

shadowarmy75
01-20-2006, 23:18
Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in 1.5/1.6? They said that the AI will make naval invasions more frequently.

Bernhard of Clairvaux
01-25-2006, 17:17
It might have been, didn´t check but giving most faction the ability will make the game much more challenging.

WarHawk1953
03-08-2006, 03:14
Bernhard of Clairvaux,
I went to descr_sm_faction. That entry does not exist in 2.1.
This is what I have; example code:

faction macedon
symbol data/models_strat/symbol_macedon.CAS
rebel_symbol data/models_strat/symbol_greek_rebel.CAS
primary_colour red 0, green 0, blue 0
secondary_colour red 255, green 75, blue 0
logo_path data/ui/symbols/symbol_macedon.tga
triumph_value 5

There is no mention of any prefers in the file. Are you sure you got the right file and what version does "prefers_naval_invasions no" pertain to?

Monkwarrior
03-08-2006, 09:09
Bernhard of Clairvaux,
I went to descr_sm_faction. That entry does not exist in 2.1.
This is what I have; example code:

faction macedon
symbol data/models_strat/symbol_macedon.CAS
rebel_symbol data/models_strat/symbol_greek_rebel.CAS
primary_colour red 0, green 0, blue 0
secondary_colour red 255, green 75, blue 0
logo_path data/ui/symbols/symbol_macedon.tga
triumph_value 5

There is no mention of any prefers in the file. Are you sure you got the right file and what version does "prefers_naval_invasions no" pertain to?
That's the content in RTW 1.2.
The file is greatly modified in RTW 1.5, where you can chose either naval invasions or not, and many other features.

DaVinci
10-24-2006, 03:19
Has anybody actually "evidence-firm" results with the prefer naval feature. I tested this within Chivalry, and it didn't have had an actual result ... and i "heard" that this feature isn't really set active by the RTW 1.5 engine ... however, i will test it out again perhaps.

DimeBagHo
10-24-2006, 03:35
It definitely makes a difference to AI behavior, but the AI still doesn't execute very well. For example in XGM, which uses a version of the Mundus Magnus map, Carthage would land armies near Rome, and Thrace would land armies on Rhodes, but they seldom (maybe never) carried through with their attacks.