PDA

View Full Version : RTW 1.5 Patch File List?

Red Harvest
12-14-2005, 18:39
Has anyone made a 1.5 patch file list?

Here is what I see so far just perusing through changes I can easily see:
RomeTW.exe (obviously)

DATA Folder
export_descr_buildings.txt
export_descr_unit.txt
descr_items.db
export_descr_character_traits.txt
export_descr_ancillaries.txt

Sounds Folder
events.dat
events.idx

Pack Folder
patch_1.pak (new file)

Animations Folder
pack.dat
skeletons.dat
skeletons.idx

Jambo
12-14-2005, 21:53
Are you sure about the descr_strat? After installing the 1.6/1.5 patch my descr_strat seems to be no different from my modded 1.3 descr_strat...

Red Harvest
12-14-2005, 22:11
I think you are right. I must have misread that one. With the way the patches install, and sometimes cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled, I end up putting them on top of the original folder, then looking for parts that have changed among my own edits...not the best way to do it. I much prefer patches that unzip somewhere first...so I can see exactly what is happening.

Atilius
12-15-2005, 06:21
DATA Folder
export_descr_buildings.txt
export_descr_unit.txt
descr_items.db
export_descr_character_traits.txt
export_descr_ancillaries.txt

Sounds Folder
events.dat
events.idx

Pack Folder
patch_1.pak (new file)

Animations Folder
pack.dat
skeletons.dat
skeletons.idx

Did a binary diff of the 1.3 and 1.5 DATA folders - this is exactly what I see.

Duke John
12-15-2005, 07:01
There were also a whole bunch of item files copied. I trick I usually use is to cut the data folder and paste it somewhere else. As long as the exe's and perhaps a few other files remain the patch will run and you will get the files in an otherwise empty data folder. Rename that folder, copy the old files back in a new data folder and then copy/paste the new patched files back.

I still don't understand why a company, that advertises the moddability of its games, has to have an installer that doesn't simply let you select the folder in which the patch is installed.