PDA

View Full Version : Problem with STW

Gadzie
12-16-2005, 18:20
Hi all,

I tried to post this in the Shgun forum but I don't have privilalges yet.

I really need some help here. Now I've looked through the forums but I've had no joy. My problem is that STW is now having problems. I used to run it fine on the same PC with the same graphics card ages ago. Now just so people don't think I haven't read the forums, I have tried the following:

1. Found Starforce had burrowed into my PC.. ripped it out and sent several abusive e-mails to them.
2. Ran STW in 98 compatibility mode (have to also check the 640x480 box or the game would crash on startup). This made the game crash at the third season instead of just freezing.
3. Set my desktop to 16-bit colour
4. turned off hardware accelleration for my audio with dxdiag
5. Patched the game to v1.12
6. reduced the hardware acceleration level of my video in troubleshooting.. which actually made the game run smoother but it still crashed at the same spot.
7. Downloaded the converted audio files found in the forums and overwrote my files.

Anyone have any ideas... please....

Cheers :san_cry:

Gadzie
12-16-2005, 18:27
Sorry guys, probably should explain the problem. I start a new campaign, hit return (end turn) three times and the game freezes after the cpu moves its pieces.

XP sp2, Geforce4 with latest drivers and patched the game to 1.12.

Cheers,

Ludens
12-17-2005, 17:47
Welcome to the Org, Gadzie ~:wave: .

I don't know if this is the exact same problem, but there is thread about game freeze in the Sword Dojo. Maybe you'll find it helpfull. If not, one of the moderators could move this to the apothecary.