PDA

View Full Version : Great Empires mod v2.7b for RTW 1.5 released!!!

Torgill
12-16-2005, 22:06
Post updated ( 15.12.2005 )
Hi!

This is newest version of my Great Empires mod for 1.5 or 1.6 Rome Total War patch!!!

Download link:
http://www.rycerze.bighost.pl/Great Empiresv2.7b.zip
Alternate link:
http://torgill.fm.interia.pl/Great%20Empiresv2.7b.zip

Please report any bugs or other features, so I could repair them.
And if you are a moddeler and have some time - P.M to me. Great Empires still needs few more units

But get back to the point.

This is three roman families version - one rome will be ready in a couple of days.

Full readme:
This mod is patch 1.5 and 1.6 compatible! It will work with 1.3 patch either but for best results try newest patches for Rome Total War.

To install this mod please extract zip file to your Rome directory for example c:\Rome Total War\

DO NOT INSTALL it to your Rome Data folder i.e. c:\Rome Total War\Data

The main feature incorporated to Great Empires is possibility to recruit all of your faction units almost right from the start ( second size of barracks ). So you will lead and fight against very good balanced armies - not only hastati and militia hoplites. Recruit principes, triari or silver shield, companion cavalry and elephants right from the start! There are of course more features listet below:

What changes in version 2.7b

- Corrected bug that annihilated many rebel armies right from the start of a game.
- New skins for thureoporoi.
- Added Darth Formations 8.0 mod. Credits and big thanks goes to Darth Vader and his excellent mod!
- Added All Factions for BI and RTW 1.3 V8 Mod - all credits and big thanks goes to Borsook.
- Added Skymod for RTW 1.3 - all credits goes to Archer.
- Increased movement rate for characters and campaign units.
- More expensive units cost - their loss should be now more decisive.
- Stronger Great Empires, ie: Selucid ( they shouldn't be wiped out like in vanilla games ), Egypt, Carthage, Macedon. Now faction strenght is more historical - Carthage will not be stronger than Egypt, Egypt will not wipe out Seleucids in the very first turns of the game, etc
- Gaul is much stronger, they should resist and not be easily conquered by Britain, Germania, Julii and Iberia - which was very common in vanilla games.
- Gauls in Galatia - the situation in asia minor will be much more isteresting!
- Rebels have got few diplomats, you could try to establish at least trade rights with them!
- Rebels stronger even in comparision to previous versions of Great Empires - they will make you a lot of trouble
- Revamped population to be more historical - now Egypt and Seleucid Empire got most populated cities in a world. Short - population numbers is now much more historical.
- Happines changes - because of population changes. Now governors buildings give bigger happines bonuses, so 30.000 city should not be rebellious all the time.
- Added and removed many buildings in many cities to reflect that for example Seleucid Empire is not starting from a scratch. You don't have to build barracks in your capital - they should be there! Royal persian road is present from the beginnig, the same to via appia.
- Egypt now have elephants and phalanx pikemen! ( and proper icons )
- Changed startign provinces for most of the countries to be more historical, Egypt has now Cilicia, Gauls one province in Galatia, Iberia only two provinces in western Spain, Numidia two provinces in Africa, Greece only Sparta, Athens and Rodos, Dacia and Thrace only one province, Scythia two etc. Some things were not changed - Parthians are in the East etc )
- Scytians are far more dangerous especially for Dacia, Thrace and Armenia.
- Several diplomatic changes: Seleucid Empire will have almost constant war with Egypt, Egypt will be allied with Carthage, Scythia will invade Dacia or Germania ( or Armenia! ), Seleucids should have at least one ally, etc.
- Core building houses can't build peasants - AI should have stronger armies because of that
- Removed dogs, screeching women and other semi - fantasy units.
- Egyptian Cavalry barrack now can build elephants ( only in province with elepthant resources )
- Little bigger health bonus for health buildings ( like sewers etc ). This will allow bigger cities to exist.
- Bigger trade income for silk road.
- Egyptians, Seleucid Empire and Macedonians can build deceres!
- Romans can build deceres after marian reforms.
- No more 2 hit points. It will be allowed only for few special units, like berserkers. Even generals have one - so use them carefully!
- Now barracks/stables/ports of second trier allow you to produce ALL OF YOUR FACTION UNITS. You will no longer produce militia hoplites for Macedon only! Start producing phalanx or silver shield pikemen right from the start and conquer Greece or even more! The AI will have stronger armies, offen very heavy to deal with!
- For me it is far more historical. Better barracks will gain your units better experience.
- Gave little more morale and defense skill to all units - battles should now last longer and allow you to maneuver.
- Removed peasants from game - rebels and enemies should be much stronger
- More ships for naval nations - they should make more naval invasions.
- More buildings right from the start in your cities - espiecially for civilized factions!
- Changed starging money for all factions

Added units:
- Iberian Spearmen
- Iberian Long Shield Cavalry
- Scythian Cataphract ( instead of Scythian Nobles )
- Macedon Heavy Lancers
- Cappadiocian Cavalry for Parthia
- Celtic "phalanx" for Gaul
- Batavian Cavalry for Germans
- Thureoporoi for hellenic factions

Added buildings:
- Epic port for Alexandria and Carthage - bigger trade income than dockyard.

My advice - try to play some small faction, Armenia, Pontus, even Parthia, Numidia. The gameplay should be very very hard.

So once again please post your thoughts about this mod - each one will help me to make Great Empires better!

And many many more!

I wish you a fun gameplay!

Torgill

kalifah of watton
02-26-2006, 20:19
i would really like this mod.Can you play it with just 2.7b installed or are there
earlier versions and where can i download them ?I need something new to keep me ocuppied untill MTW 2 comes out.
All the best......The Kalifah of watton:help:

SomeNick
04-29-2006, 05:02
Hi Torgill, really interested in downloading this mod but the links don't seem to be working :(

Edit: Hmmm k... pc prompted me to save file 20 mins later... lol?

Anyway, good work mate!