PDA

View Full Version : Which faction has the Elephants again?

Gtafanboy
12-18-2005, 01:13
I am getting the game for christmas and am wondering which campaign/faction has the elephants? Thanks.~:snowman: that is so cool.

Atilius
12-18-2005, 01:32
In RTW the Carthaginians, Seleucids, and Parthians can recruit them normally. Other factions may recruit them as mercenaries in certain provinces.

Don't know if the appear in BI or not.

Antagonist
12-18-2005, 02:04
Sassanids in BI have them (the smaller ones) I think the mercenary elephants are still in there as well.

Antagonist

Kaldhore
12-18-2005, 10:50
A strange thing happened in my current Julii Game - after taking numidian territory in N.Africa I wet myself as I saw Merc Elephanties for Hire - along with the merc jav cav and merc javs.

Trouble is when I tried to hire the Ele's I would highlight them - click ok - and it would just go back to the main screen (b4 going to merc screen). 10 Turns I kept trying it - even with different Gens. Till the numidian counterattack I needed the other mercs - the next turn there was obviously only the Elephanties left, and I thought *what the hell - lets give it another go*, and lo and behold I got them !

Havent played that camp in a while but at present they are on a ship to Capua to get gold sword and shield :)

Atilius
12-18-2005, 17:28
Trouble is when I tried to hire the Ele's I would highlight them - click ok - and it would just go back to the main screen (b4 going to merc screen).

That's strange. I just happened to have some Romans in Gaetulia in my current campaign, and brought the game up after I read your post. I was able to successfully hire some mercenary elephants - no problems.

Kaldhore
12-18-2005, 19:00
Yea it was strange cos I *know* I have hired them before along time ago. Took me hiring the entire merc roster to get em this time.

Slicendice
12-19-2005, 19:59
I've seen lots of barbarian archers that have "bonus when fighting elephants" attribute, but I haven't seen ANY elephants in BI at all. Besides what are some northern europeans going to need that bonus for anyways? Like they will never get to a region where elephants are. In fact I never even brought elephants all the way up to Europe in RTW.

Tyrac
12-20-2005, 04:28
They are pretty high up on the tech scale for the sassanids. So you will not see them unless you play a faction that fights the sassanids and does so for a long time. (I.E. doesn't eat the sassanid empire at the start) In my various Roxolani campaigns I have had the a few elephants thrown at me late game.