PDA

View Full Version : scratch

thb
12-18-2005, 23:33
hi
i want to install my game on an other pc. but there seems to be a little scratch on disc I. my pc can't read a file in the folder aereal map. is it over for me now? i can't imagine i have to buy a new game. can i do something about it?
tnx, thomas

Taurus
12-19-2005, 11:13
Welcome to the .org thb :)

You can buy scratch remover's or take it somewhere where they have a disc repair facility, usually in PC stores etc.

Mooks
12-19-2005, 14:03
I posted this on another thread, If you have some pledge (Yes the window cleaner) Spray that on there and wipe it off, I didnt think it would work (I laughed when I read it) But it did and now iv been playing for 4 more months after.

Templar Knight
12-19-2005, 14:38
How can window cleaner fix it? Surely if its scratched then the info below is damaged?

thb
12-19-2005, 15:03
i went to a pc shop and they sold me a cd scratch repair kit for 11 euro. it doesn't works at all. still the same file i can't read (alpine.tga). frustrating.
and that while i've got the game on an other pc my father uses now for work.

Taurus
12-19-2005, 18:12
Well it all depends how deep the scratch is really, because the disc repairer's actually removes the under layer.

VAE VICTUS
12-19-2005, 18:14
hi
i want to install my game on an other pc. but there seems to be a little scratch on disc I. my pc can't read a file in the folder aereal map. is it over for me now? i can't imagine i have to buy a new game. can i do something about it?
tnx, thomas
yes