PDA

View Full Version : Turkish GA jihad goals

Mr White
12-21-2005, 12:49
I started an early Turkish GA campaign and I am immediatly confronted with the opportunity to conquer some provinces (Tripoli, Antioch an Palestine) that I have to conquer/jihad to.
I've read in the guides that immediate action will capture the Egyptian King and will raise me a ransom of about 10K.

My question: Do I need to take these provinces by Jihad to coint for my GA points or is a normal military action enough? If a jihad is necessary ( I conquer, let them retake and then I jihad) do I need to keep certain things inmind (like loyalty)?

Thanks in advance.

Mr White
12-22-2005, 15:34
I went on ahead and made my move on the Egyptian sultan and caught +11K for him:san_tongue: .

My question still stands do I have to give Antioch and Tripoli back to the Egyptians and retake them by jihad in order get the GA points for them? Both the GA missions disapeared from the menu when I conquered them, so does this mean I won't get the points unless I really Jihad?

Weebeast
12-22-2005, 16:09
Well, I started early campaign. The only goal I had to fulfill was to conquer Tripoli (homeland) via regular action. That jihad goal didn't appear until I conquered then lost Tripoli from the Egyptian. I don't know why it showed up for you before you even lost it.

mfberg
12-22-2005, 16:32
Just wipe out those pesky egyptians and make your jihad goals with some help from everyones favorite friends the crusaders. A crusade will usually be started to take one of your provinces, just let it hit and counter with your jihad.

mfberg

Come Together
12-22-2005, 21:13
I do believe that you infact do have to use jihad in order to get the GA points.

Mujalumbo
12-22-2005, 21:34
It's enough to just take the province; by hook or by crook.

If I recall correctly, the early blitz strategy is almost neccessary for Turkish survival in Early. If not performed, the Turks face wave upon wave of Egyptian and Byzantine troops.

Mr White
12-23-2005, 14:33
Thanks for the replies.

My strategy will be to conquer the three province and leave them empty (I will build the watchtower and the borderfort to lessen the possibility of a rebellion) and build a ribat as soon as possible. The Egyptians will have to spread wat is left of their army and it will be easy pickings for my troops on their little jihad. I just hope that the Egyptians react quick enough so I can start my turtling. ( I hate steamrole tactics, they become very boring after a while).