PDA

View Full Version : Slow thinking barbarians...

Kourutsu
12-22-2005, 03:38
It seems that every time I play a barbarian faction I encounter a problem. I press the end turn button and the entire game freezes up. Now, as I sit there listening to some lady chanting, humming, and banging a drum; I feel cheated. "I spent a lot of money on this game" I think to myself. "Where the hell do the programmers get off causing me so much greif, staunching the thing I most desire, but leaving the screen and music working, taunting me."
So I come to you fine people, hoping to get a solution, or even a "It can't be helped". What is wrong with the game? And before the suggestion comes up, my fine peice of machinery has three gigs of finely crafted RAM. So that is not the problem.

GFX707
12-22-2005, 14:20
Can't say I ever experienced this problem....

Tyrac
12-22-2005, 14:43
Can't say I ever experienced this problem....

What he says.

gardibolt
12-22-2005, 16:21
Never a problem for me either. Have you tried the usual solutions: Updated drivers, reinstall the game or even the simple reboot?

Barbarossa82
12-22-2005, 17:33
That blond spiky-haired avatar sure is popular.

Are you sure you've selected to skip AI movement? I know this sounds dumb but I often forget myself.

TB666
12-22-2005, 17:37
Never had this problem either.
It sure does sound weird.
It only happens with barbarians ??

Kourutsu
12-22-2005, 18:00
Yes. Britons, Dacians, Gauls, and Germanic Tribes. I have played as all those factions, and had the same results, after waiting 30 minutes or more however, the game returns to normal.

NodachiSam
01-05-2006, 00:16
That blond spiky-haired avatar sure is popular.

It is the default avatar for the forums. People with it don't notice it, don't know how to change it or havn't bothered to. That or they like it.

Garvanko
01-05-2006, 16:44
How come there aren't any avatars of roman general's in the avatar section?

Lanemerkel1
01-05-2006, 20:22
It seems that every time I play a barbarian faction I encounter a problem. I press the end turn button and the entire game freezes up. Now, as I sit there listening to some lady chanting, humming, and banging a drum; I feel cheated. "I spent a lot of money on this game" I think to myself. "Where the hell do the programmers get off causing me so much greif, staunching the thing I most desire, but leaving the screen and music working, taunting me."
So I come to you fine people, hoping to get a solution, or even a "It can't be helped". What is wrong with the game? And before the suggestion comes up, my fine peice of machinery has three gigs of finely crafted RAM. So that is not the problem.

I have the problems with the Romans usually I am running to low on virtual memory or Norton Antivirus decides mid-game that I need a virus sweep :furious3:

Lanemerkel1
01-05-2006, 20:23
Yes. Britons, Dacians, Gauls, and Germanic Tribes. I have played as all those factions, and had the same results, after waiting 30 minutes or more however, the game returns to normal.

my problem only lasts 2 minutes :-/

Mooks
01-07-2006, 06:19
oorrrr.....

Maybe your great ancestors had a conflict with barbarians, so they placed a curse upon your family never EVER to imitate non-roman like people EVER again.

Or it could be because of your game, you have to look at the crazy possibility of spirits and voodoo ever once in a while :dizzy2:

Ilsamir Lord
01-07-2006, 06:49
Windows doesn't recognise more than 2gig or RAM does it?