PDA

View Full Version : German language help please

Beirut
12-25-2005, 20:08
I have a quest. I need to find the German word for an ultimate military victory. The kind where you squash the other guy to bits, stomp his bones into dust, roll the dust up into a cigarette, and blow the smoke in his mother's face.

Thanks. :san_wink:

Bonny
12-25-2005, 21:01
why that?
i think it's "ultimativer militärischer Sieg". :san_rolleyes:

Franconicus
12-25-2005, 21:11
How would you say in English? (ultimate military victory....?)
I would translate it in 'Vollkommener Sieg'. If you want to give it a historical touch, call it 'Endsieg' (=final victory)

Beirut
12-25-2005, 22:25
why that?
i think it's "ultimativer militärischer Sieg". :san_rolleyes:

My brother asked. He and a buddy heard the word and forgot it. He thought I would know.

I don't. :san_embarassed:

I'll offer up your suggestions and see if it rings a bell. Thanks.

Mouzafphaerre
12-26-2005, 00:40
In the meantime you may take this excercise as an example and try making your own:

German is easy to learn, all you have to do is string one word after another. For example:

One day the Hottentots (Hottentotten) arrested a murderer (Attentäter) accused of having murdered a Hottentot mother (Hottentottermutter), of a deaf and dumb child (Stottertrottel). The mother was called Hottentotterstottertrottelmutter and her murderer Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterattentäter.

The police caught him and put him in a kangaroo cage (Beutelrattenlattengitterkotter), from which he escaped. But a Hottentot warrior caught him, shouting: I’ve caught the murderer (Attentäter)!

Who? asked the chief.

The Lattengitterkotterbeutelrattenattentäter, replied the warrior. He’s the Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterattentäter!

Damn it! said the chief. Why didn’t you say in the first place that you’d captured the Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterlattengitterkotterbeutelrattenattentäter?
:san_kiss:

LeftEyeNine
12-26-2005, 03:55
Mouza, stop that! I feel dizzy ! ~:dizzy:

* BLEEEUUGHH !!!

GoreBag
12-26-2005, 04:11
I would probably say Endsieg. It's nice and concise, for once.

cunctator
12-26-2005, 10:08
Triumphaler Sieg would do it too

Husar
12-26-2005, 17:20
In the meantime you may take this excercise as an example and try making your own:

German is easy to learn, all you have to do is string one word after another. For example:

One day the Hottentots (Hottentotter) arrested a murderer (Attentäter) accused of having murdered a Hottentot mother (Hottentottermutter), of a deaf and dumb child (Stottertrottel). The mother was called Hottentotterstottertrottelmutter and her murderer Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterattentäter.

The police caught him and put him in a kangaroo cage (Beutelrattenlattengitterkotter), from which he escaped. But a Hottentot warrior caught him, shouting: I’ve caught the murderer (Attentäter)!

Who? asked the chief.

The Lattengitterkotterbeutelrattenattentäter, replied the warrior. He’s the Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterattentäter!

Damn it! said the chief. Why didn’t you say in the first place that you’d captured the Hottentotterstottertrottelmutterlattengitterkotterbeutelrattenattentäter?
:san_kiss:
Lol Mouza, I like that.
Though it´s Hottentotten and not Hottentotter, but I take that as artistic freedom.:san_grin:

Mouzafphaerre
12-26-2005, 21:27
It's not mine. :san_wink: Corrected. :san_kiss:

Stefan the Berserker
12-26-2005, 22:12
There are a lot of possibilities to translate that:

X. Endsieg (to much Nazi-like, forget this)

1. vernichtender Sieg
2. totaler Sieg
3. absoluter Sieg
4. glänzender Sieg

If want to have a fitting phrase...

Dies ist ein wahrhaft vernichtender Sieg! Das Blut unserer Feinde schreit zu uns von der Erde herauf, doch nicht erwartet uns Gottes Zorn: Es sind ihr Gold und ihre Weiber, die darauf warten... "genommen"... zu werden.

This is an absolute Victory! The enemies Blood cries from the ground, through we are not waiting God's Anger: Their Gold and their Wifes, are waiting... to be "taken"...

Del Arroyo
12-27-2005, 02:01
It's not mine. :san_wink: Corrected. :san_kiss:

Alright Mouzapherre, it's time to straighten something out-- what the HELL is up with you and the Sexy Santette smilies??!? Do pray tell!!

DA

LeftEyeNine
12-27-2005, 05:51
Alright Mouzapherre, it's time to straighten something out-- what the HELL is up with you and the Sexy Santette smilies??!? Do pray tell!!

DA

In fact, I was concerned about it but was afraid to ask.. Yes, Mouza, you owe us a clear explanation.. :san_shocked:

Mouzafphaerre
12-27-2005, 06:02
Hey, what's wrong at all with a Santana or a switched Santa? :san_kiss:

LeftEyeNine
12-27-2005, 06:05
Hey, what's wrong at all with a Santana or a switched Santa? :san_kiss:

Santana has moustache and Santanette is gorgeous without any manly group of hair.. The explanation is not satisfactory after all :san_angry:

Louis VI the Fat
12-27-2005, 16:45
Total Sieg?

übersieg?

Zerquetscht?

Pwnd - pstz, pesitzt, pesessen?

Beirut
12-28-2005, 01:28
Great stuff. I'm sending all these along.

I'll let you know if one of them is the right one.

Thanks.