PDA

View Full Version : How to mod Chariots for autocalc??

BlackThug
12-27-2005, 03:04
From what I've read, Chariots seem to unfairly affect auto-calc battles in favour of whoever has them (mainly the Egyptians).

I'd like to try a game where the Seleucid Empire doesn't die within the first five turns or become a protectorate for the rest of the game.

What would be the appropriate way, then, of weakening chariots such that they don't overly influence auto-calcs, yet, not totally suck in battles?

(I have played the Seleucid campaign numerous times. Stupid Chariots always sooner or later die by hails of arrows or make suicidal charges into my phalanx. Go figure.)

Seasoned Alcoholic
01-01-2006, 14:49
You would have to not only mod up / down chariots to your own particular taste, but also weaken Egypt's starting economy. In a vanilla version, they can simple churn out full stacks without feeling the punishing effects of population loss (by recruiting an army). This is because of their considerably high population growth rates, population size and so on. Throw in a few overscaled units (bowmen, desert cavalry, chariots), elite units which are dirt cheap compared to their rivals (compare the price of Pharaoh's Bowmen to Forester Warband), and what you get is a steamrollering faction.