PDA

View Full Version : Eagles

Somebody Else
12-31-2005, 16:36
Playing as the ERE, finally taken my first eagle. Three of them actually - the WRE had the temerity to be, well, an inefficient organisation in my way to world domination. Plus, they attacked me first.

I know this isn't exactly news, but still - it's nice to have a couple of generals running around with the 'eagle-taker' trait. Now I've got an Urban barracks - courtesy of the westerners, I might make my own 1st cohorts. I wonder what happens if I lose one?

Ludens
12-31-2005, 16:47
Playing as the ERE, finally taken my first eagle. Three of them actually - the WRE had the temerity to be, well, an inefficient organisation in my way to world domination. Plus, they attacked me first.

I know this isn't exactly news, but still - it's nice to have a couple of generals running around with the 'eagle-taker' trait. Now I've got an Urban barracks - courtesy of the westerners, I might make my own 1st cohorts. I wonder what happens if I lose one?
Your general gets an eagle-lost trait and you are told to which city the eagle has been taken. If the general succeeds in capturing that city, he will regain some, but not all, of his honour. I am not quite sure under which conditions you take an eagle from a first cohort, though. Is it when the unit flees or when it is annihilated? Or when the aquilifer dies?

Somebody Else
12-31-2005, 18:16
Your general gets an eagle-lost trait and you are told to which city the eagle has been taken. If the general succeeds in capturing that city, he will regain some, but not all, of his honour. I am not quite sure under which conditions you take an eagle from a first cohort, though. Is it when the unit flees or when it is annihilated? Or when the aquilifer dies?

Interesting... Not in the habit of losing battles, having an eagle to reclaim might make for an interesting spur. Something like the Senate asking you to reclaim another faction's lost eagle or something.

To take an eagle, I dunno what the exact circumstances are - I'm in the habit of annihilating pretty much all enemy infantry units when I win though - that's what I have cavalry for. (1st cohorts do tend to try to fight to the death though - at least, the three I've cut down did.)

*Oh, and what does the eagle-lost trait garner? I know eagle-taker is +1 command...

_Aetius_
01-01-2006, 01:56
Ohh I wasnt aware of this trait, as the ERE i've had a first cohort totally destroyed by the Franks, so I assume some Frankish general has gained a decent trait from that, but my general was spared the humiliation having been killed during the battle.