PDA

View Full Version : Vercingetorix

Father_Ted
01-04-2006, 02:11
I feel sorry for that guy! He rounded up 250000 (numbers?) men from various tribes to kick some roman arse but got defeated ( Battle of Alesia) and executed years later (was it?)

He's my hero!:2thumbsup:

Strike For The South
01-04-2006, 02:13
I hear hes moding these days:2thumbsup:

Father_Ted
01-04-2006, 02:24
Moding? Er? That sounds serious!

BTW" what's moding?

Myrddraal
01-04-2006, 02:29
ohhhhhh my....

I'm afraid I can't make myself answer that question, its too much for me. I'll just go have a little lie down and a stiff drink.

Father_Ted
01-04-2006, 02:32
I guess it means modding and that Vercingetorix is a member here! right?~:confused:

Lord Winter
01-04-2006, 02:34
Moding? Er? That sounds serious!

BTW" what's moding?
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51931

Father_Ted
01-04-2006, 02:40
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51931

That's modding!~;)

(sorry, just being a spelling nazi!:oops: )

Myrddraal
01-04-2006, 03:32
few, I thought for a second you didn't know what modding was. :smile: Check out the hosted mods section as well, there are some seriously good mods in there.

Father_Ted
01-04-2006, 03:50
I know about some good mods for M:TW, like BKB mod and others! as i don't know about great mods for R:TW i'll look for it here! R:TW is a nice game but i don't think it ever will be as great as M:TW.

Mouzafphaerre
01-04-2006, 05:40
ohhhhhh my....

I'm afraid I can't make myself answer that question, its too much for me. I'll just go have a little lie down and a stiff drink.
Fangorn!? :stare:

Mooks
01-05-2006, 03:44
My hero is Caesar!! Greatest military mind ever lived, it was retarded for the senate to assasinate him :furious3:

Father_Ted
01-05-2006, 04:07
My hero is Caesar!! Greatest military mind ever lived, it was retarded for the senate to assasinate him :furious3:

That would make you my foe!~;) The best thing the sanete ever did!~D

Father Ted:2thumbsup:

Mooks
01-05-2006, 04:47
That would make you my foe!~;) The best thing the sanete ever did!~D

Are you trying to make sense? Vercentigorx or whoever opposed caesar...And the tribes in Gaul payed for it.

Besides that a quarter of a million men weren't that effective, numbers dont win battles, and Casear knew that, slaughtered 50000 Nervii in ONE day because they charged him and didn't quit,Bigger armys mean they can't manuever.

Father_Ted
01-05-2006, 04:53
HM, it's about the spirit. They went for it. And i can applaud that! Call it stupid but i always like the underdog!~;)

Gealai
01-13-2006, 19:35
Well Julius is famous for his fine lessons in propaganda, so it is hard to buy the numbers of his enemies.

Vercingetorix was quite cunning, using am increasingly amount of cavalry and archers, combined it with raiding and ambushes. All in all he was a good tactician, but he really shine on the strategic side of buisness. Uniting a good deal of the heavily splitted Gaul torned by civil wars against the Romans and sustaining it was a great feat.

Gealai

Monarch
01-13-2006, 20:59
Are you trying to make sense? Vercentigorx or whoever opposed caesar...And the tribes in Gaul payed for it.

Besides that a quarter of a million men weren't that effective, numbers dont win battles, and Casear knew that, slaughtered 50000 Nervii in ONE day because they charged him and didn't quit,Bigger armys mean they can't manuever.

I am not sure (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the topic starter liked Verci for his great tactical mind. More for the courage to stand up to the greatest empire ever, and unite a divided nation who had warred amongst themselves for so long.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
01-15-2006, 22:36
Rome wasn't the greatest Empire ever, at that point it wasn't the greatest Empire up to that point.

Ceaser was a great tactician but not a great stratagist, which is why the last great Republican general almost beat him. Shame someone forgot the treasury before they left. Probably Cato.

Mooks
01-18-2006, 13:57
Pffft, pompey lost HORRIBLY, just not because of the treasury. Pompey lost at Pharsulus easily. Even if Ceasar lost at Pharsulus Caesar wouldve tried again :wall: