PDA

View Full Version : How much crossover?

Mattisius Carsonius
01-04-2006, 07:44
I'm speaking about the forums, of course. I bought shogun right when it came out, and got MTW a little late. But I never really thought about coming online and checking out the forums until i picked up RTW about 6 months ago and started lurking.

But really....twcenter, .com and .org....there's so many forums.

How many are you guys signed up to? I'm thinking of getting memberships at all three simply because some have hosted mods that can't be found anywhere else.

Ciaran
01-04-2006, 09:51
You don´t need to be a member to DL from TWcenter. By the way, you forgot about SCC ;). Here you´ll find mostly general information, there´s not so many mods that have hosted forums as TWcenter or SCC have, but you´ll find a thread and link to most major mods readily enough.
I don´t know the .com forum, but from what I´ve heard -and considering it´s the official forum - people there are mostly complaining, even more than here. By the way, ocassionally some CA guys drop by in here, so, this forum isn´t completely ignored by the Powers That Be. ;)

Ludens
01-04-2006, 15:13
But really....twcenter, .com and .org....there's so many forums.

How many are you guys signed up to? I'm thinking of getting memberships at all three simply because some have hosted mods that can't be found anywhere else.
I have memberships at all three plus an old account on the SCC (don't know if it still works), but I seldom post anywhere but at the Org. This may have something to do with my assistant-moderatorship though ~:) .

Seriously, I always prefered the Org because of the friendly atmosphere, although the TWC has the best modding forums.

Monarch
01-04-2006, 21:12
Just here for me ^_^

I've only really ever glanced over the TWCenter, I've not heard of SCC and I never do like official forums. They are full of complainers (generally speaking). I like this place's friendly atmostphere. Also it's a nice size, big enough to get quick replies but not too big to get the spammers, post count lovers, but kissers and others found on larger forums (I once joined a forum that was about the same size as this, when I was made staff through to management however it grew big time, now has like 100,000 members and you try to reply to a post and someone has beat you to it, your reply then doesnt correspond to previous post and if you dont use quote, you look like idiot. Lol, tis qhen I quit ^_^)

Mattisius Carsonius
01-05-2006, 20:00
Yeah, I shied away from the .com at first because it definitely seemed that way (about the complaining) and I just can't abide people who buy a game to bitch about it, or don't even PLAY it anymore but continue to rag on developers and the rest of the community about how many bugs there are. If you won't/can't help, then....just shut the hell up. I like the setup here though, because all the total war games are covered. It's a really knowledgeable community that has gathered here.

Reenk Roink
01-05-2006, 22:01
I'm comfortable here...:2thumbsup:

Used to be just a onlooker at the ORG and at HeavenGames (you forgot them ~;p) but since I liked both forums for their warm enviroment, I signed up. However, there were too many hassles making an account with HeavenGames with some computer/internet jargon about cookies that I didn't understand so I just signed up with the ORG. I still visit HeavenGames from time to time, as they were the first forum I went to for RTW (they have a great history section too), but you can't compete with the ORG, I mean, they have an arcade ~D.