PDA

View Full Version : Faster building times?

Beirut
01-08-2006, 15:07
Because I'm a lying, cheating sack of... poop, I'd like to reduce some of the building times so I can have faster campaigns. The insta-build cheat takes away too much fun, but neither do I want to wait eight years for some things. Four or five would be better (for me).

Any idea where I can mess with the stats?

Thanks.

cutepuppy
01-08-2006, 18:44
Because I'm a lying, cheating sack of... poop, I'd like to reduce some of the building times so I can have faster campaigns. The insta-build cheat takes away too much fun, but neither do I want to wait eight years for some things. Four or five would be better (for me).

Any idea where I can mess with the stats?

Thanks.

Go to the MTW folder on your harddisk. It probably is C:\program files\total war\medieval - total war.

you'll see about 24 folders (battles, campmap,...) and some files. Open the crusader_build_prod13 file. It should be a simple txt file. It contains all the building related data. The 6th "column" is the building time. you can change it from 8 to 4 (or something similar)

Best to make a copy of the orginal file before you change anything, it's quite easy to screw things.

hope it helps.

Beirut
01-08-2006, 19:27
Great!

Thank you for the quick answer.

Ciaran
01-09-2006, 12:09
I suggest you rather use the Gnome or DragonMTW editor, they organize the text files into something more readable.