PDA

View Full Version : BI Patch Quick Question

Monarch
01-15-2006, 11:05
Hey,

Just need to check, I've started a BI campaign unpatched. If I patch up to 1.6 will I still be able to play my campaign??

Antiochius
01-15-2006, 11:55
No, you have to play a new camapgin. It always is so.

teja
01-15-2006, 16:58
I started an campain before the patch 1.6 and was able to continue with it. But the balance of cities may have changed, so check your empire. As after the patch the Academy also helps to keep a city in order, I was almost able to continue after I patched with nearly no trouble.

My answer is related to a BI campain running the Sassanids. I have no idea how much it affects a regular RTW campain. I fear that non-roman fractions will get in hot water after the update, because only romans can still arrange games in the colusseums. It will be hard to keep order without them after you took roman cities.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
01-15-2006, 17:18
It says, and appears to be true that you can play your old game. Although I think there are issues about battles at the end of the turn. Check the readme, it explains it. So basically, yes.

Tega, the Macedonians can still throw games at least, or is it only the Colesium?

teja
01-15-2006, 17:31
Tega, the Macedonians can still throw games at least, or is it only the Colesium?

I used to continue with a BI campaign only, so I do not know about Macedonians.
:coffeenews:
I think it is better not to continue an old campaign for your own nerves. I did it, because I need only to take over a few cities to win my campaign. I continued after I won and do now own 40 provinces.

Remember: After the last patch anybody that run RTW only are using version 1.5.
BI-players use version 1.6 now, so do I. Maybe it makes a lot of difference.

Monarch
01-15-2006, 18:26
I'll play it safe and not bother, I'll patch of completing this campaign.