PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else notice this?

Cowhead418
01-17-2006, 02:09
I've had this game for over a year now and I see a trend developing. Whenever a ruler dies of an illness, battle injury, execution, etc other sovereigns seem to catch the death bug and they too go to their graves the same year. My theory received support when in my current campaign seven rulers died in the same turn. A few turns later four more rulers died on the same turn. At another point three leaders died at the same time. Anyone else notice this?:inquisitive:

Sometimes this "virus" seems to immediately affect the next ruler in line. In my campaign the Venetian Doge died of an illness and the very next turn the succeeding Doge also died. The same thing happened to the Byzantines a little while later.

Martok
01-17-2006, 03:32
I haven't really had much of a problem with a faction leader dying just a few years after they succeeded the old one. I've definitely noticed, however, that leaders of different factions do tend to tie in "clumps" in a single turn. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever seen *only* one leader die in one turn....

Ludens
01-17-2006, 13:04
Yes, though it is not as bad as before the 2.01 patch. But I don't think it's a bug. It may just be statistics. After all, what are the odds that Kings die at regular intervals?

The Darkhorn
01-17-2006, 14:55
Yes, though it is not as bad as before the 2.01 patch. But I don't think it's a bug. It may just be statistics. After all, what are the odds that Kings die at regular intervals?
Speaking of which, I may still need it. I recently downloaded XL and was under the impression that among it's features it would fix the appointment with the Almighty at 56, but as far as I can tell it didn't...although....I swear once my king lived to be 57....and I swear 2 seemed to die in their early 50s. I may be mistaken as age is something I'm notorious about not watching very closely.
:skull:

Martok
01-17-2006, 16:58
Speaking of which, I may still need it. I recently downloaded XL and was under the impression that among it's features it would fix the appointment with the Almighty at 56, but as far as I can tell it didn't...although....I swear once my king lived to be 57....and I swear 2 seemed to die in their early 50s. I may be mistaken as age is something I'm notorious about not watching very closely.
:skull:

Yes, you do need the 2.01 patch. I'm surprised XL even works for you at all, as VikingHorde has said you have to have the 2.01 patch installed in order for his mod to work correctly.