PDA

View Full Version : How to install RTW twice?

Monarch
01-23-2006, 10:13
Hey,

I want to try out Rome Total Realism however I want to keep my version of barbarian invasion for multiplayer. So I thought I'd install twice, how do I do this?

econ21
01-23-2006, 10:34
Simply copy the whole RTW subdirectory (e.g. with Windows Explorer) and paste it. It worked for me.

But given that you have BI, you'll first need to uninstall RTW/BI completely and reinstall RTW only. RTR only works with 1.2, so start with a fresh install of RTW and patch to 1.2. Copy that and use the copy to install RTR on. With the original you can then install BI and patch to 1.6.

Monarch
01-23-2006, 11:30
Thanks it worked well. Now I'm just downloading the 1.2 patch for RTW, then RTR then the 1.6 patch for BI. Oh what fun :P

Craterus
01-25-2006, 22:02
On this topic, I've copied RTW twice and I've got Mundus Magnus installed on one of the copies. The other is regular 1.2; I want to install the latest patch (1.6?) so I can play multiplayer. If the patch installs on MM, then it won't work.

Can I choose where the patch installs? I want it on the vanilla 1.2 file.

econ21
01-25-2006, 23:31
Good question - I must have done this, as I have RTR, EB and BI simultaneously. I guess when the patch starts up it asks which directory RTW is in. Just choose the directory that has the vanilla 1.2 version in and not the MM version. I kept the default directory names for RTW and renamed the copies to be RTW-EB or whatever.

Ciaran
01-26-2006, 09:56
I´m not entirely sure whether or not the patch asks the install path, at least 1.3 does not, it installs to where the first installation of RTW is (e.g. C:/programs/games/RTW in my case). Therefore I keep that path for the vanilla version and used cpoies to install mods on them. Works fine.

Craterus
01-26-2006, 20:53
I'm pretty sure I installed MM on the copy, so it should be fine.

Thanks for your help.