PDA

View Full Version : Hidden features you can use in BI

Bernhard of Clairvaux
01-25-2006, 13:33
When modding around I have discovered some interestíng features that are not obvious at first.

One thing is the Moor skins that are in the UI folder. Not that they are fantastic but they can be useful to bad skinners like me if you fex want to add an Arab faction or the Moors themselves.

Another thing I discovered is that you can add more trade goods than those listed in the desc.strat file. In Rome data/SM resources you can find wild_animals. If you add the resource in the BI desr.strat a wild animal will show on the screen. Furs did depicte but in the trade scroll it uses the symbol for gold.

Dol Guldur
01-26-2006, 14:15
This is all well-known I think. Resources cannot be added, just replaced. Thus the displacement of text and icons.

Bernhard of Clairvaux
01-27-2006, 16:43
This is all well-known I think. Resources cannot be added, just replaced. Thus the displacement of text and icons.

In BI you can add wild_animals (from RTW) and get a proper icon.

Dol Guldur
01-27-2006, 17:08
That is not an additional resource - that is merely using more of the base file's set list found in the Rome data folder (descr_sm_resources.txt is read from there but can be copied over to the BI folder).

It would be really useful to have more than 26 resources but it seems hardcoded. You can change them but you can't add any. Unless anyone has discovered different since the patch...