PDA

View Full Version : I hope CA get the Saladin effect right!

Dragoncrusader
01-30-2006, 16:33
Good news about MTW2!
I would like to see the map extended slightly eastwards to include Bagdhad and Mosul. Also to have several different factions of muslims in the east (perhaps some as rebels of the main faction a la RTR). Then when the first Crusade marches through Muslims lands they will be able to brush aside the disorganised Muslim forces. But later when Saladin conquors the region and there is a unified Muslim state in the East, the crusades will have a much tougher time. Likewise on the death of Saladin the state could fall apart again and we ripe for being taken over by the Mamluks. Add in the Khazm... marching through your lands as a mercenary army closely followed by the Mongols and you could have quite an exciting time as the Muslim forces in the East.
cheers

Anti-hero
01-31-2006, 23:29
Would be nice, yeah. It seems everyone besides West Europeans are devoting all their efforts to propagandating their own home region :) (Balkans, Baltics, Central Europe, I don't see Russians in the forum but they usually stay on their own forums anyway...)

SirGrotius
02-01-2006, 04:11
Why would they include the center of islamic culture in the medieval age? J/K! I can't imagine why they would not include Baghdad. They've got to expand somewhat, and that seems an easy avenue.

sapi
02-01-2006, 08:06
Why would they include the center of islamic culture in the medieval age? J/K! I can't imagine why they would not include Baghdad. They've got to expand somewhat, and that seems an easy avenue.
Agreed - more/more powerful islamic factions would be great, especially with improved crusades.

King Yngvar
02-01-2006, 11:19
It seems everyone besides West Europeans are devoting all their efforts to propagandating their own home region

That's because almost every western and southern European country is added (Scandinavia not included).

x-dANGEr
02-01-2006, 11:50
Surely it would be nice..

Shahed
04-16-2007, 01:04
Good news about MTW2!
I would like to see the map extended slightly eastwards to include Bagdhad and Mosul. Also to have several different factions of muslims in the east (perhaps some as rebels of the main faction a la RTR). Then when the first Crusade marches through Muslims lands they will be able to brush aside the disorganised Muslim forces. But later when Saladin conquors the region and there is a unified Muslim state in the East, the crusades will have a much tougher time. Likewise on the death of Saladin the state could fall apart again and we ripe for being taken over by the Mamluks. Add in the Khazm... marching through your lands as a mercenary army closely followed by the Mongols and you could have quite an exciting time as the Muslim forces in the East.
cheers

That would have been great. "Alas... " We can only hope the smaller factions in the East will be present in the expansion, but I doubt it very much.

Shahed
04-16-2007, 02:53
I found a mod that includes the Khwarazm faction.

I'm not sure how detailed it is as I have'nt tried it yet. Note the victory conditions. It would be so cool if CA did the whole Eastern section of the map to make it more complete in the xpack.

I found the description of the faction quite entertaining... propaganda. LOL.

Anyway we have a Shia state, with this mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads//khwarezm%20grand%20campaign%20selection_8CK.jpg

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1271

Just wanted to post that in case anyone else (like me) is looking to spice things up...

Atalus
04-16-2007, 04:25
I hope they get it close to historical accuracy but this is a game and accuracy must be sacrificed for playability at times, hopefully not to often though.

And I think im going to check out that mod. Thanks for the link

Shahed
04-16-2007, 06:50
Pleasure.

There's also other factions mods out there. You may have noticed in the screenie above, the shield of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, and the Teutons. Actually the TW center has a good variety of downloads, as well.

Yes historical accuracy can be sacrificied for playability, but if any Jim and Johnny are including their own factions then so could have the developers.

Would have been awesome to see the same breadth we see in the Occidental factions, applied to the Oriental factions. Instead of playing just 3 you could have played a lot more. It would even increase the playability if anything.

I'm just commenting.

I know the mod community will set up a lot more stuff for M2:TW, as they did with the rest of the series.

Shahed
04-19-2007, 16:31
I have found another mod (in development) which could be really cool when finished. It will focus on the Middle East.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Factions:

The Sultanate of Egypt
The Abbasid Caliphate
The Great Seljuks
The Turkish Sultanate
The Khwarezm Shahdom
The Sultanate of Ghazni
The Ghorid Sultante
The Kypchak Confederacy
The Byzantine Empire
The Kingdom of Jerusalem
The Kingdom of Armenia
The Kingdom of Georgia
The Crusaders
The Mongol Empire
The Timurids
The Rajput States

taken from Wiki here: http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Broken_Crescent

Al Fursan (Faris in MTW/VI):
https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j278/donlogan/faris_horse_archers_03.jpg

Armenians
https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j278/donlogan/armenian_nakharar.jpg

Dismounted Hospitallers
https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j278/donlogan/hospitaller_dismounted_knights.jpg

Captain Pugwash
04-20-2007, 13:29
I m with Sinan on this one, nice link hope it pans out. the whole of persia should be included extended to the indian ocean and include india afterall Alexander went that far a thousand years earlier. I would like to see some further muslim factions which can be united to take on Europe.

Patricius
04-21-2007, 02:29
Good news about MTW2!
cheers

Baghdad is certain there already. It, and Constantinople, are the invariable targets of jihads. I like the idea anyhow. I might look at those mods, once they are 1.2 optimised.

Shahed
04-21-2007, 13:54
Broken Crescent will be released after 1.20. I'm looking forward to all the Seljuk horse archers, Heavy Turcomen, Akinji etc.. also the dismounted Hospitallers. IMO every knight in game should be able to dismount before battle.