PDA

View Full Version : Danes and the Crusades

Panzermeyer
02-03-2006, 20:42
Am I missing something?

I am playing as the Danes and for the life of me in any of my provences I cannot build a Chapel Compound (??) The one that will let me create a crusade. So I have been unable to launch any crusades the whole game.

Is there something I am missing. I thought I just needed to build a Church and the appropiate level keep. I can get the monastary and build Inquisitionors. But not a Chapel Compound.

Is this just not available for the Danes??
I mean I am good Catholics after all :inquisitive:

Ludens
02-03-2006, 21:50
The Danes, Hungarians and Polish cannot built chapter houses and cannot crusade as a result. Historically, these factions did not participate in the Crusades to the Holy Land, although the Danish invasion of Lithuania (?) was at least partly religiously motivated. However, since you do not get GA points for crusading there is less of a need to do so.

phred
02-04-2006, 00:11
The XL mod will let you build crusades as the Danes. I imagine some of the other mods will also.

Doug-Thompson
02-04-2006, 18:43
That is is shame, especially with the Holy Roman Emperor getting excommunicated all the time.

ZombieFriedNuts
02-04-2006, 23:01
Weren’t the danes pagan then?

~:confused:

Martok
02-05-2006, 05:52
Weren’t the danes pagan then?

~:confused:

Not by that point, no. I'm sure others here can give you the exact timeframe, but I know that the Scandanavian peoples as a whole were pretty much converted by the middle of the 11th century.

BHCWarman88
02-05-2006, 19:10
Yeah Panzer, Danes,Polish and some other guys can't do crusades. you got nothing missing..

bamff
02-08-2006, 07:31
Yeah, that was the one thing about playing the Danes that I did not enjoy...you've still got to tow the line with old mate Popey, but you don't get to launch Crusades....

Martok
02-08-2006, 20:25
Yeah, that was the one thing about playing the Danes that I did not enjoy...you've still got to tow the line with old mate Popey, but you don't get to launch Crusades....

If you download VikingHorde's XL Mod, you won't have that problem. ~D Seriously, though, I recommend trying out XL; it really adds a lot to the game.

bamff
02-08-2006, 23:51
I plan to Martok (have read a fair bit about it, it looks great!) - but I will need to get hold of Viking Invasion first....correct me if I misunderstood, but XL needs VI installed first, right?

Geezer57
02-09-2006, 03:20
I plan to Martok (have read a fair bit about it, it looks great!) - but I will need to get hold of Viking Invasion first....correct me if I misunderstood, but XL needs VI installed first, right?
Yes, the XL mod requires VI version 2.01 before it'll run right.

Panzermeyer
02-15-2006, 00:27
The Danes, Hungarians and Polish cannot built chapter houses and cannot crusade as a result. Historically, these factions did not participate in the Crusades to the Holy Land, although the Danish invasion of Lithuania (?) was at least partly religiously motivated. However, since you do not get GA points for crusading there is less of a need to do so.

Thanks Ludens.
That sucks but ah well.
Crusades would sure come in handy against the Egyptians and Huns at this point.

Philippus Flavius Homovallumus
02-15-2006, 12:58
You mean the Mongols?

VeroImperatoreDiRoma
02-15-2006, 23:39
When the pope calls for all catholics to unite then all catholic factions should be able to or there should have been some options to allow it in the original game.
It`s good that the history is accurate,but imagine if in real life the Turks swallowed up Byzantium and then conquered Italy,I`m sure all catholic factions would be interested in wrestling Rome back.

Sirron
02-22-2006, 21:22
Indeed the Danes are regarded as catholic and cannot crusade.

However, I consider this to be part of the fun playing this faction, which keeps me to do more planning for desert operations.

And if you have got problems with Mr.Pope (and are strong enough to survive the excommunication) there is no need to hesitate whether to loot the Vatican...:laugh4:

Peasant Phill
02-26-2006, 13:39
There is someone on the .Org with an 'all can crusade' mod in his posts.
Besides I don't think it should be to hard to find if you ask someone in the engineering guild.

Ludens
02-26-2006, 14:47
There is someone on the .Org with an 'all can crusade' mod in his posts.
Besides I don't think it should be to hard to find if you ask someone in the engineering guild.
That should be Bretwalda. You can view user profile here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/member.php?u=7935). The link to the mod is in his signature.