PDA

View Full Version : carthege with 1.5?

gigi
02-12-2006, 12:45
is carthage somewhat stronger with 1.5?
and what are the general changes with 1.5 for carthage?

thanks in advance.

teja
02-12-2006, 13:24
Too bad, I didn't try them since my update to 1.5. I started a new campain [after a lot of BI campains], using the Seleucids and as far as I can see the Cartagians are doing awesome at the moment. Normally they had been usually more victims for Others. I hope you will post your experience later on. Hannibal is always a good reason to play Cartage.

Divine Wind
02-12-2006, 13:54
From my experience they are more stronger as scipii have a strange tendency to go towards Greece with the Brutii, rather than south into Africa. This gives them more time to develop.

Garvanko
02-12-2006, 17:41
Im playing carthage. They don't seem to be under so much pressure from other factions. Once you get an Alliance with Spain, your only threat are the Romans and Gaul. And once you take Sicily and the two Brutii cities in Italy, it's plain sailing. I'll get a screen shot of my current campaign in a minute..

Upxl
02-12-2006, 19:02
Im playing carthage. They don't seem to be under so much pressure from other factions. Once you get an Alliance with Spain, your only threat are the Romans and Gaul. And once you take Sicily and the two Brutii cities in Italy, it's plain sailing. I'll get a screen shot of my current campaign in a minute..

What about Numidia?

Garvanko
02-12-2006, 19:59
Very passive once I took Tingi. In my experience the Numidians only become agressive if you attack Lepis Magna.

Screen shots of my current Carthage campaign. Have hit a bit of a problem, though.

I attacked capua hoping to finish the Scipii off - I killed off three of their four generals before they withdrew.. Epic stuff. But I wanted to kill all their generals which would have made the faction rebel.

https://img122.imageshack.us/img122/6120/00030xc.th.jpg (https://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00030xc.jpg)

The Senate attacked me same turn, and I withdrew. Unfortunately, my second army (All Cav) ran out of movement points and in my error, I left it without support. :oops:

https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7726/00018sn.th.jpg (https://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00018sn.jpg)

The Senate army has four general, and hastati with 3xp etc - basically a killing machine. I guess, my all cav army will have to deal with them on their own.

gardibolt
02-13-2006, 19:16
I started a Carthage campaign in 1.0. It was clear sailing for the first ten years or so. When I resumed it in 1.5, the Romans got MUCH more aggressive. They were attacking me on every side, causing a real headache until I got clear naval supremacy. The Julii also bribed away my top troop-producing cities and several family members. I found it much harder, post 1.5.

Edit: I actually ended up losing this campaign last night; I forgot I had set it initially to the short campaign and basically ignored the Spanish, wiping the Romans off the Italian peninsula instead. The Egyptians won, to my shock. Had I been concentrating on the Spanish after I killed the Scipii (20 years ago) there would have been no problem, but, uh, I forgot.

phred
02-14-2006, 21:05
I recently played a 1.5 campaign as Carthage and everyone declared war on me. I attacked Scipii on the first or second turn, and after that everone attacked me. I was at war with Spain, Gaul, the Roman factions and Numidia at the same time. It made for a challenging campaign.

orangat
02-15-2006, 21:11
Patch 1.5 makes all factions more aggressive compared to previous versions.

Upxl
02-15-2006, 21:23
For the moment I’m playing a campaign with Gaul.
I’m at war with every faction that share’s my borders.
And some others who just cant wait to come in and have some Gaulish heads to put on their spikes.
I even had to fight off two rather large invasions by the Numidians.
Who landed 2 full stacks at Narbo Martius.

The only Allie I got is Carthage.
Their at war with the Roman factions (who are near extinction) and Numidia.
And just a few turns ago they’ve been pushed out of Spain.
After that they signed a peace treaty with the Spaniards.

I hope they stay my buddies for the time being, or I will only have the Greeks left to do some trading.