PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore CTD: Romani 259bc

PseRamesses
02-13-2006, 12:14
Quicksave, proper save, scripted or unscripted I can´t get past this CTD. Any suggestions?

jedispongee
02-13-2006, 18:38
Probably a merging armies crash. Look in the "What to do when the game crashes" thread to find the consuming fix for it.

You have to do it everytime the game has crashes of this sort and trust me, it's not too fun.

PseRamesses
02-14-2006, 12:53
Probably a merging armies crash. Look in the "What to do when the game crashes" thread to find the consuming fix for it.
You have to do it everytime the game has crashes of this sort and trust me, it's not too fun.
Did a serach for "What to do when the game crashes" but couldn´t locate it. Could you be more specific?

jedispongee
02-14-2006, 18:33
Oops. That's because it's on TWC.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497
Read the parts about changing your faction in the middle of the campaign, how to do it etc.

Basically, the crash should consistently be during a specific faction's turn. What you have to do is add a line to the scripts to give yourself over that faction, move the armies manually (you can do whatever you want, be it just move them where ever or actually play a turn as the faction. I usually delete units that are too depleted or send them to retrain, fight battles that need to be fought; basically pretend the faction was mine. The most important thing is to move the field armies around, merging them if needed), and when you're done save your game. Then exit RTW, change the line in the script to switch to your original faction, and it should be fixed.

Just to note, some people can get lucky and never get this crash again. Others get it fairly ofter (every 20-40 turns or whatnot). If that happens, just repeat the process. It can be a pain, but you at least are able to continue your campaign.

EDIT: Also, remember to delete the lines added to the script when you're done.

PseRamesses
02-14-2006, 21:53
Oops. That's because it's on TWC.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40497
Read the parts about changing your faction in the middle of the campaign, how to do it etc.

Basically, the crash should consistently be during a specific faction's turn. What you have to do is add a line to the scripts to give yourself over that faction, move the armies manually (you can do whatever you want, be it just move them where ever or actually play a turn as the faction. I usually delete units that are too depleted or send them to retrain, fight battles that need to be fought; basically pretend the faction was mine. The most important thing is to move the field armies around, merging them if needed), and when you're done save your game. Then exit RTW, change the line in the script to switch to your original faction, and it should be fixed.

Just to note, some people can get lucky and never get this crash again. Others get it fairly ofter (every 20-40 turns or whatnot). If that happens, just repeat the process. It can be a pain, but you at least are able to continue your campaign.

EDIT: Also, remember to delete the lines added to the script when you're done.

Thx m8! This campaign is defenitely worth saving.