PDA

View Full Version : too easy with chosen archers

dodge
02-19-2006, 11:48
I have been playing RTW for a number of months now. Recently played with Dacia and then Skythia. The game has become too easy because when a foreign army attacks one of my cities I immediately sally out to attack. Except I don't - simply station chosen archers on the walls and above the gate. Enemy always moves into range and they get decimated.

Can this problem be fixed so the enemy stays out of range?

Sorry if this has been discussed before - a short search did not reveal any thing

aw89
02-19-2006, 13:12
This was supposed to be fixed in a patch, but why don't you just stop doing it ~;)

General4Hire
02-19-2006, 23:31
This was supposed to be fixed in a patch, but why don't you just stop doing it ~;)

1) apparently it WAS fixed in the patch...make sure you're using version 1.6 if you have BI, and 1.5 if you only have RTW.

2) right...if you are flat out stating that it's YOU who's doing it, just stop...problems solved.

Does that fix it? :juggle2:

gardibolt
02-20-2006, 18:08
Yes, at least as of 1.5 and possibly as of 1.3, I can't remember, whenever you sally the besieging army always moves back, out of arrow range, forcing you to go out of the walls. Patch 'er up and this goes away.