PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but another.....

Dukezer0
02-19-2006, 13:06
S:TW problem.

Searching through my stash of old PC games, i saw shogun and couldn't resist the erge to conquer japan... that was until it crashed on me.

Ok, i will explain the problem:
Shimazu starting in 1530, gets to 1533 (summer i think) and freezes (camp map) with no error message.
It also freezes in the throne room... it works at first, doors open etc, then when the trader/emissary tries to enter (well he doesn't appear actually) it freezes also.

I have tried to start will other clans in different periods and it will always freeze at some point.
Now the logical thing to think is its the event movies (with the camp map freeze, not the throne room freeze). But i have checked the "opens with" player for the movies and its WMP and its also the case for the sounds. I use ace-mega codec pak but i'm sure thats not a problem.

I don't have starforce on my PC but the problem i am having doesn't indicate towards starforce anyway.

Tried using win98 compatibility mode and... you guessed it, no luck.

So all in all, i am quite fustrated. Would anyone perhaps have a solution? to me S:TW has something that M:TW and R:TW could never have in terms of atmosphere IMO.

I have a 3.6 pentium,
geforce 6200se,
1gig of ram,
And i am trying to run the "all famous" sold out version of S:TW warlords edition.
Of course before posting this i checked all the posts relating to this problem and couldn't find no joy.

If anyone can help, i would be a very happy man.
TIA!

Duke 0

samu
02-19-2006, 21:02
Hi all,

I am new to this Forum, but not to the SHogun Game.

At first I want you to forgive me my english, it isn't my first language.

I've played Shogun MI 1.02 one year ago.

I have lost my password and the EA site didn't know my username and e-mail.

My first question is: Is the Username bound to the CD-Key?

Because I want to register a new account but the register link on totalwar.org doesn't work: "under construction".

My second question is: Which Bandwith is requierd for MI 1.02? Because I couldn't connect to the server.

greetings

samu

Just A Girl
02-20-2006, 10:12
Read the STW Probss?? Read here 1st thread in the STW MP section. " https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58698 "
See if that helps.

Dukezer0
02-21-2006, 00:54
Read the STW Probss?? Read here 1st thread in the STW MP section
Thankyou but i have, hence my quote
Of course before posting this i checked all the posts relating to this problem and couldn't find no joy.

I checked through each one but none seems to help unfortunatly.

If you (or anyone else) has any other ideas, it would be much appreciated :).

TIA

Duke 0

Just A Girl
02-21-2006, 06:50
go to the stw directory.
then run all the event anims and cut sceens excetera. (in windows media player)
see if one fails.
Ace megacodeck pack seems to work with STW. so you should be ok with those.

corrupt Poems in the voices folder can also cause similar symptoms.
You can delete poems or replace them with a similar sized poem, that you renamed.

but like i said.
Thats already writen in the STW probs? Read here 1st thread.

samu
02-21-2006, 07:47
YES! sorry it helps :D now I only need someone who play with me^^

Dukezer0
02-22-2006, 22:15
Haha YES!
I found the problem (with help of the good patrons of the org of course ;)).

Ace mega codec pak is uncompatable with S:TW. For some reason when i played the movies (not from within the game) they played fine, but when they are played during the game it causes a crash (well it was a sound file that was causing the prob, not an event movie, but the fault was still ace codec pak).

So anyway, hope this may be of help to anyone else with the ace mega codec pak. @ just a girl, you may want to edit your informative post on problems with running S:TW about recomending ace codec pak, that is unless others have had success with it.

Cheers and now i must conquer japan. :)

Laters

Duke 0

Just A Girl
02-23-2006, 09:47
The ace megacodec pack works ok for me..
But i dont use sold out's version.

The problem with ace mega codec pack is..
It installs windows media player classic,
And if it sets that as the default player for media file types accosiated with STW, it wont work properly.
The stw files mustt be played by windows media player.

Thnx 4 the heads up about the codeck pack.
I iwll advize the use of the klite kodeck pack above others.

Dukezer0
02-23-2006, 23:06
The ace megacodec pack works ok for me..
But i dont use sold out's version.

Ah, thats were the confusion was :).

I had WMP as the default but S:TW still crashed... weird.... but its all sorted now ;).

Thanks for your help.

Laters