PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Unit Recruitment Guide

khelvan
02-25-2006, 01:18
Ok, en lieu of an actual unit guide (having someone active to write one), I am uploading here a spreadsheet which Big John put together. This spreadsheet has each unit and what -should- be the recruitment capabilities in version 0.7.3. Some, obviously, are currently incorrect; check the version changelog I have posted before you say "Hey, I should be able to recruit unit X in province Y, but I can't!"

Feel free to ask why we made some of the choices we made, because I would welcome a dialogue regarding our recruitment choices. It can only add more depth to the system.

Cheers,

-khel

(I attached the spreadsheet to the message I posted over at TWC (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44797))

Trithemius
02-25-2006, 04:54
First of all, sorry if this is a "well, duh" type question.

While making some crib-notes from the spread sheet to assist in my planned expansions, I noticed that it is intended to be possible to recruit various units in Aemilia/Bononia and Venetia/Patavium with the patch - will the patch also change these territories so that it will be possible to build type I governments in them, as currently this is not the case.

Teleklos Archelaou
02-25-2006, 05:41
First of all, sorry if this is a "well, duh" type question.

While making some crib-notes from the spread sheet to assist in my planned expansions, I noticed that it is intended to be possible to recruit various units in Aemilia/Bononia and Venetia/Patavium with the patch - will the patch also change these territories so that it will be possible to build type I governments in them, as currently this is not the case.
Those maps for type1 and type2 governments (where you can build them) is here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58666

This is just for the patch though. Currently in your build they are not like this.

Trithemius
02-25-2006, 06:20
Those maps for type1 and type2 governments (where you can build them) is here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58666

This is just for the patch though. Currently in your build they are not like this.

Cheers, and caveat noted. I'm just getting geared up to do 0.7.3 right. :)

PantsToucher
02-28-2006, 21:48
One question: How come the Getai can train some of their basic units in every province? Intentional or WIP still, or is it limited by what provinces one can place type 1 and 2 goverments?

LorDBulA
03-01-2006, 08:51
From what i read in secret forum Getai liked to settle in conquered province.
This is to represent this, there would always be some Getai avaible.

PantsToucher
03-02-2006, 00:28
Awesome, sounds like an interesting dynamic. Thanks for answering.

dsw
03-02-2006, 07:33
I noticed that the ptolemaios ethiopian agema can only be recruited in the Sidon/Antiocheia/Damaskus area. Why there and not in the south in Axum/Blemmyon (where I've been building MICs like crazy hoping to get them :laugh4: ) ?

Moros
03-02-2006, 12:04
You can always ask questions like these in other threads. Only ask questions here if it has to do with the guide please.
Or ofcourse if you (offer to) make the guide, then you may spam as much as you like here ~;)

Trithemius
05-16-2006, 12:14
Has recruitment changed much in the current patch from what is in this spreadsheet?

Elthore
06-01-2006, 23:54
is this going to be updated anytime soon? It seems fairly out of date, and is very neccesary with the MIC descriptions not working properly

Teleklos Archelaou
06-02-2006, 00:20
There may be big recruitment changes to get around these stupid 1.5 problems that have been introduced with the changes the patch forces. I don't know that much can be done with patching recruitment problems in the most immediate future.

Elthore
06-02-2006, 04:16
understandable, i was just talking about the spreadsheet though. I just assumed you guys had a big list for internal use, but with the team being on 1.5 and us using 1.2, guess we cant use yours anyways. thanks for reply, ill wait

stalin
06-25-2006, 22:30
Any chance of dowloading it WITHOUT creating an account on the TW Center?:wall:

orwell
06-26-2006, 01:15
I'll rapidshare it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/24123661/Current_Recruitment_Feb11.zip.html

stalin
06-26-2006, 15:55
Thank you

Trithemius
07-05-2006, 09:31
Anyone know where I can recruit Clyddbren? They don't seem to be on the list of Casse units in the spreadsheet.

Ludens
07-05-2006, 11:17
Anyone know where I can recruit Clyddbren? They don't seem to be on the list of Casse units in the spreadsheet.
Clyddbren have been renamed Kluddargos and can be recruited in central Britain (Caern Brigantae, Ratae and Ynys Mon) with a type I, II or III governement, a MIC level 5 and after the Polybian reforms.

Trithemius
07-05-2006, 11:46
Clyddbren have been renamed Kluddargos and can be recruited in central Britain (Caern Brigantae, Ratae and Ynys Mon) with a type I, II or III governement, a MIC level 5 and after the Polybian reforms.

Aha, I was confused because both of these units appear on the Casse unit page on the EB website. I thought that the Kluddargos might have been an 'improved' version of the Clyddbren.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ludens
07-05-2006, 12:26
Aha, I was confused because both of these units appear on the Casse unit page on the EB website. I thought that the Kluddargos might have been an 'improved' version of the Clyddbren.
I was confused about that as well, until Aymar put me right. Apparently the team decided to use another language for the Britonic Celts. There is another unit (Clyddabre) whose name was changed in this way (Kluddobro).

Gazius
12-07-2006, 05:53
Will this recieve an update for .8? I found it very useful for installing the best types of goverment with .74.

blank
12-24-2006, 05:40
Will this recieve an update for .8? I found it very useful for installing the best types of goverment with .74.

I think there are still some recruitment issues to be sorted out :book:

Pode
01-04-2007, 02:39
I think there are still some recruitment issues to be sorted out :book:

All the more reason for an update IMO. Us open beta players can't give all that much useful feedback on whether it's WAD if we don't know what the design is. I'm a product of the US public schools, I'm afraid I simply won't notice that faction X is unable to recruit unit Y that they historically did. I knew Ptolemy's armies didn't fight like Ramses' did, but otherwise I was learning history from vanilla RTW <shudders>

That said, I'd rather have the CTDs fixed in the 0.81 patch. I can always use process_cq to blunder around the build tree and figure things out. Keep up the great work guys, you're doing a good thing. The education system needs you! :beam:

atheotes
05-02-2007, 19:58
Is this going to be updated for 0.81 (0.81a)

abou
05-03-2007, 07:50
Probably not. At some point in the not-to-distant, far-off future at some undetermined date there will be a tool released, but not yet.

Use it as an excuse to conquer as much as you can to find out what is where.

quackingduck
10-03-2007, 03:46
im assuming that "iberia" is the same as lusotannan. how come
Dosidataskeli (Vasci Armoured Shock Infantry) aren't there anywhere?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-03-2007, 06:20
This thing is ancient. Many changes have happened since this was made.