PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Cathage

The Spartan (Returns)
03-04-2006, 20:24
in campaign im playin Julii (red romans) i have all of france bits of germany and the brtish isles. i sent an army to destroy the last gaul province then take over spain. after i took the gaullic province (Numantia) i wanted to start war on spain then in the map i see there is only one spanish province and therest are cathaginian. i also see that carthage has all of africa in control and every army has at least one elephant unit 2 sacred band 4 peni inf. and 4 light cavalry. also there are many cathage armies there after i beat one carthaginian army another huge one appears! everyone ignored Cathage and they indeed were very very advanced and one of the strongest facions. truly this is the rise of cathage. (201 BC) anyone fine this unusual that carthage was extremely strong? (1.5 patch)

jelay14
03-04-2006, 22:25
Unusual maybe for the AI, but I also think you lucked out there. I think that a game as Rome against Carthage that is also a superpower would be a great game to play.

Usually, if I want to recreate the Punic Wars I'd have to play as Carthage, and that's a tough one, with all the Greeks and Numidians and Iberians and Egyptians at your throat, not to mention the Scipii putting a rock in its fist in Sicily while at the same time its foolish Julii kin is yapping at your heels in Sardinia.

Avicenna
03-04-2006, 22:38
Wow this makes for an awesome game. Any chance of uploading the save game?:2thumbsup:

Normally the Carthaginians get murdered by a massive attack by Gaul, Spain, the Numidians, the Julii and of course the Scipii.

The Spartan (Returns)
03-05-2006, 04:09
the Carthaginains had HUGE armies makein this capaign really fun and really hard at the same time. near each province there were two full armies. (in spain) the Carthaginians are even attacking me! im merely holding them off! they also retrain their armies really fast. did i mention they had all of Africa too? (i think i did im not sure)

The Spartan (Returns)
03-05-2006, 04:11
Unusual maybe for the AI, but I also think you lucked out there. I think that a game as Rome against Carthage that is also a superpower would be a great game to play.

Usually, if I want to recreate the Punic Wars I'd have to play as Carthage, and that's a tough one, with all the Greeks and Numidians and Iberians and Egyptians at your throat, not to mention the Scipii putting a rock in its fist in Sicily while at the same time its foolish Julii kin is yapping at your heels in Sardinia.

the Scipii in 1.5 patch hardly attack Africa. (if u want Scipii to expand give them big tributrs of money)

The Spartan (Returns)
03-05-2006, 04:14
[QUOTE=Tiberius]Wow this makes for an awesome game. Any chance of uploading the save game?:2thumbsup:

maybe. but now Carthage might as well own my empire. (there r extremely strong)

Avicenna
03-05-2006, 09:44
Nah, in the end they're still the AI and fight battles badly, and they can't destroy the Julii: the other romans should help out if they reach Italy.

The Spartan (Returns)
03-05-2006, 17:01
but they fight with multiple armies all full banners and have war elephants or armourd elepahnts and have very strong inf. such as Sacred Band of Poeni Inf.

Avicenna
03-05-2006, 17:16
Proper use of your troops should beat them.. you are the Romans after all.