PDA

View Full Version : [help] getting data MTW/STW

Sowilo
03-05-2006, 12:13
hi,
I managed to get the images and texts of units and buildings in rome with the xpak. Now I want to get them from MTW and STW (have only an alpha) too. But after I browsed the dict I think I need a tool again to get the data. Is there sth like that available?
greets Sowilo

Ciaran
03-05-2006, 12:31
Which data is it precisely that you want?
The unit and building stats? They´re (as I recall right now) in text files named *unitprod* and *buildprod*. To read them properly, there are two possible tools, the Gnome editor and the Dragon editor, links to their download location are in the MTW modding forums.
The Dragon editor also contains a bif-reader which can show the bif files which contain most of the graphics, like the unit sprites and the info pictures. But if you actually want to do some work on the graphics best get the readbif tool, also available in the MTW forums.

Sowilo
03-05-2006, 18:04
Thx, just downloaded the tools.

Sowilo
03-05-2006, 18:30
There is no edit-button to avoid double postings?

I found in the MTW dict the images of the soldiers on field. But could you plz tell me where I can find the images of the units which are displayed in the info-window?

Ciaran
03-06-2006, 12:30
The "edit" button is available as soon as you´re a "member" instead of "Junior Member".

The unit pictures (as well as the portraits, which are .tga files, by the way) are in the campmap folder, as they´re only relevant in a campaign game.

Sowilo
03-06-2006, 18:29
Thx, found it.