PDA

View Full Version : Medilanum/Insubramog lacks Expansion Resource?

Trithemius
03-08-2006, 06:12
Just took Medilanum from the Aedui as the Romans (finally! I have had an appalling crop of rebels in central Italy - is this some kind of "Social War" script or just my terrible luck?) and I cannot seem to be able to build a type ii government.

I had a bit of a look around with perfectspy and couldn't find any similar situations in nearby provinces (I didn't check every provinces - just the neighbouring ones) so I am guessing this is an error; the fact that this province is well within the historical Roman sphere (and is the only mainland Italian province to not support a Roman type i government) further suggests this to me.

On a related note: any idea how I can correct this, or is it too late for my campaign now?

Teleklos Archelaou
03-08-2006, 06:16
Well, it should. It's an error if it doesn't. We'll have to see if there are others that don't match up. I don't know how to place one once it's started, but I suppose it can be done once with a script.

Trithemius
03-08-2006, 06:27
I don't know how to place one once it's started, but I suppose it can be done once with a script.

How would one do this? Stick a brief line in the EBBS.txt, then save, then remove it? I'm a newbie when it comes to scripting so if someone could tell me what to insert I'd be extremely happy.

Malrubius
03-08-2006, 06:38
Yes, add this to your EBBS file in Data\scripts\show_me

console_command create_building Mediolanum precursortype2

Load your game, run the script (this should create the precursor building), save your game, delete or comment out the line (with a ';'), and re-load.

Trithemius
03-08-2006, 06:44
Yes, add this to your EBBS file in Data\scripts\show_me

console_command create_building Mediolanum precursortype2

Load your game, run the script (this should create the precursor building), save your game, delete or comment out the line (with a ';'), and re-load.

Cheers Malrubius! :2thumbsup:

Dooz
03-08-2006, 08:33
Will this be fixed for the next release by default?

-edit-
Oh and, does it matter where you add the line? At the beginning, at the end?

Trithemius
03-08-2006, 10:34
I added it right below the perfectspy and toggle_fow commands and it worked okay for me.

Dooz
03-08-2006, 10:45
I added it right below the perfectspy and toggle_fow commands and it worked okay for me.

Cool, thanks : )

-edit-
Ok, I'm a moron. After I added the line to the script and ran it, it occured to me that it's a type 2 government, and not every faction should necessarily have that in the specific province. I re-read the first post and yeah... it was about the Romans specifically of course. So now, playing as the Getai, I've added something I ought not have... any way to now remove what I have just added? :embarassed: I feel like such a fool.

Trithemius
03-08-2006, 14:08
Cool, thanks : )

-edit-
Ok, I'm a moron. After I added the line to the script and ran it, it occured to me that it's a type 2 government, and not every faction should necessarily have that in the specific province. I re-read the first post and yeah... it was about the Romans specifically of course. So now, playing as the Getai, I've added something I ought not have... any way to now remove what I have just added? :embarassed: I feel like such a fool.

You could just not construct a type ii government there? It's not really a pretty solution, but it does have the virtue of being extremely easy. :)

Dooz
03-09-2006, 01:56
Yeah but in my head I know its existance is erroneous... Weird, I know but it gets to me... But yeah, if there's no other way then I shall live with it, nomatter how painful :skull: .