PDA

View Full Version : Volunteers!

Kagemusha
03-08-2006, 15:06
Ran no Jidai mod is looking for your help.Yes you, who ever you are!~;) Our graphics people need help with colouring the models for different factions.This is not heavy duty,but simple Photoshop using under the friendly guidance of Tomte of Doom.Also if you can draw with Photoshop you can get to learn more from Master Tomte.
If you want to learn from other Master called PROMETHEUS.You could help him out with the buildings and cityplans and in the process also maybe pick something new in the process.
We are looking for people to help with simple text editing.Before yours truly goes mad with those.Im also working at the moment with the map related text files and if anyone has good knowledge on implementing map in the Bi,help would be greatly appreciated.
Also we are always looking help on other sections too.Darkragnar is always on the look out for new people for the sound and sfx and ofcourse If you know you can script you are more then wellcome to enter the team, since we dont have a full time scripter in the bunch.
The thing is that we can eventually complete this project,but if you want to help us carry out this project in the end sometime soon and also get your own signature in the finished project,feel free to tell what you can do for us in this thread or throw a PM to one of us.:bow:

-Kage

Lord Adherbal
03-08-2006, 16:32
isn't colouring just a matter of changing the hue ? especially if shading and colours are kept in a different layer it should be a piece of cake to change colours and symbols.

what kind of text editors are you looking for (which files) ? I *might* be able to give you a hand, although NTW2 will be a priority for me, and is already taking up a lot of my time.

Kagemusha
03-08-2006, 16:39
Adherbal']isn't colouring just a matter of changing the hue ? especially if shading and colours are kept in a different layer it should be a piece of cake to change colours and symbols.

what kind of text editors are you looking for (which files) ? I *might* be able to give you a hand, although NTW2 will be a priority for me, and is already taking up a lot of my time.

Thanks Adherball!:bow: About the colouring its peace of cake but when we have only Tomte doing that and also drawing other art and there are 21 factions to colour its pretty time consuming.
About text editing there are lot to do i will pm you my MSN address so we can talk more.Its great that you can help us out.:2thumbsup:

Wild Bill Kelso
03-09-2006, 04:45
Good to see you around Adherbal. I miss our old NTW days.. and the old NTW smiley we had at TWC.

NormanPain
03-09-2006, 08:03
I can do hue changes, I have not posted in these parts of the forums before but I have been following this mod for some time and it looks fantastic by the way. I can do simple color changes and the like pretty easily.

My email is naboopilot@hotmail.com if you are interested in using me, trust me, I have nothing better to do :laugh4:

Kagemusha
03-09-2006, 09:01
Hello NormanPain! Its great to hear that you could give us a hand.Expect that Tomte of Doom will contact you once he comes across this thread today.:shakehands:

Attaaaaaaaaaack
03-09-2006, 22:13
PM me if you need my assistance with anything a novice can help with.

Kagemusha
03-09-2006, 22:21
PM me if you need my assistance with anything a novice can help with.

Hello Attaaaaaaaaaack!(hard username)~;) .Do you have basic skills with photoshop?

Attaaaaaaaaaack
03-09-2006, 22:26
Nope :) Dont have it. but i'm a fast learner

i have something called "GIMP" which i might be able to use instead (?)

Kagemusha
03-09-2006, 22:45
Ok.I like your attitude.:bow: Maybe you could collect us some info in the internet resources thread? We can always use some help on that department.At the moment we are looking for people for the parts of the mod i mentioned in the first post.But if you can give us some valuable info we could always take you in the Historian team.~:)

Attaaaaaaaaaack
03-10-2006, 02:15
do you also need quotes for loading screens?
here are some taken from the Hagakure, concerning death.

"Concerning martial valour, merit lies more in dying for one's master than in striking down the enemy."

"The Way of the Samurai is found in death."

"To die without gaining one's aim is a dog's death."

"Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily."

"For a man who does not wish to be hit by the arrows of a common soldier, but rather by those of a warrior of fame, there will be the protection for which he has asked."

"A man exists for a generation, but his name lasts to the end of time."

"No matter if the enemy has thousands of men, there is fulfillment in simply standing them off and being determined to cut them all down, starting from one end. You will finish the greater part of it."

"When on the battlefield, if you try not to let others take the lead and have the sole intention of breaking into the enemy lines, then you will not fall behind others, your mind will become fierce, and you will manifest martial valour."

if you want some more let me know

Revolting Friendship
03-12-2006, 15:01
Attaaaaaaaaaack:

Photoshop with plugin for opening, editing and saving *.dds-files is necessary for working with the textures. If you can get your hands on this, the procedures involved for the actual work can be easily explained with some instructions and should not take too long to learn.

It would be simple stuff for a novice, and since you seem to have a good attitude and also some knowledge about japan, it would make you a great candidate for a team member.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or suggestions.:2thumbsup:

Val
03-12-2006, 20:47
Id be glad to help out have alot of free time right now, havnt done color change in photoshop before but im a fast learner, already have the dds plugin installed for using with 3dsmax so just let me know :)

Mod looks awesome so far

Val

Kagemusha
03-12-2006, 21:57
Hello Val.~:) Thats great news.Tomte will Pm you right away.:2thumbsup:

alahir
04-11-2006, 17:57
i have never modded in my life but i would be happy to help

bentino
07-31-2006, 10:07
I need to help you for coloring or what you want me to do other. assign me

How many people you want? Or your team are full?
I have simple experience in programming, Like to learn but I need you tell me about your work.

ps.contact me by send private message to me.

thanks